Saskatchewan International Film Festival (SIFF)’s main mission is to break cultural boundaries by cultivating and promoting the art and science of film making. Just as Canada is home to people of different ethnicities, we want SIFF to be a venue where budding and seasoned filmmakers from across the globe meet and tell their story to the world.
Our primary goals are as follows:
1. To celebrate cinematic excellence in any language on a chosen theme.
2. To break cultural boundaries by bringing compelling stories to life.
3. To enrich, educate, and entertain viewers, and
4. To foster connections between new and seasoned filmmakers, and film distributors.
The theme for 2024 SIFF is Cinematic Horizons: Beyond Borders
1. There will be one winner per category (Short Film, Full-Length Feature, Documentary-Short, Documentary-Full Length, Indigenous, Student/New Media and Animation).
2. Special awards will be given as follows: Best Director, Best Cinematographer, Best Musical Score, as well as acting awards (Best Lead Actor and Best Lead Actress), People's Choice, Best Canadian Film, Best Saskatchewan Film and Best International Film.
1. The Film entry must be in English language. All films that are not in English, must have English language subtitles, otherwise submission will be invalidated.
2. Each entry should be accompanied by a letter of intent that includes the intended category, name, e-mail address, and physical address.
3. The Film must be the original work of the applicant. Consents for documentaries or adaptations of real-life persons and events are the responsibility of the applicant. By entering SIFF, the applicant represents that all necessary consents and rights have been properly secured. SIFF and its jurists assume no responsibility to the accuracy and veracity of the adaptation.
4. It is the applicant's sole responsibility to secure rights to the use of third-party music, logos, trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. SIFF expressly disclaims all liability and responsibility for any violations to the improper and unlawful use of the aforementioned rights.
5. Commercially produced/financed films are not eligible for competition but could be submitted for screening.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Films that are “Selected” are already part of the festival and will be included in the film screenings; they are also eligible to become “Finalists”. Once a film is included as a “finalist”, they will be judged by the jurors as per categories listed.
8. SIFFI has no obligation to disclose the identities of the judges nor the details on the submitted entries.
9. SIFFI is allowed to use the film entry for the film festival’s screening and for promotional purposes.
10. Published deadlines are final.
11. Winners will be announced on October 12, 2024. The judges' decision is final.
12. SIFF organizers reserve the right to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent to the participants.
13. SIFF will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material submitted as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & commercial purposes.
Submission Technical Specifications:
Format: 1920x1080 (16:9) H.264 Progressive scan (23.98) preferred
Video Encode: VBR 1pass 10-12Mbps
Audio Encode: AAC 320 kbps, 48KHz
Aspect: Square Pixels (1.0)
- Film entry submissions must include digital poster.