Welcome to SPLICE Film Fest. We are a selective international film and video art festival showcasing all genres of short films and subjects ranging in length of at least 1 minute to no more than 10 minutes.
We are particularly interested in filmmakers whose work is underrepresented either by gender identification, ethnicity, subject/topic. We are open to any and all stories, and are looking to build a community through our festival that is accepting and welcoming for all to submit, and share their work with our live audience. The festival will take place on June 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd, 2019 at Film Noir Cinema in Brooklyn, New York.
We accept: abstract/experimental, video art, animation, documentary, traditional narrative, comedy, LGBTIQQ, mixed media, erotica/adult, and everything in between. It's up to you to choose the best category or categories in which to enter your film. You must pay the fee for each category you enter.
We welcome and encourage work by students, amateur, and professional filmmakers. Each film will be judged by its own merit, and not by its budget.
All erotica/adult films must submit release forms via email specifying that all participants are 18 and over.
While we accept all genres, we will NOT accept films that could be deemed hate speech, abusive or derogatory towards a group of people.
All student submissions are free, but you must provide proof of your current student status via email to receive the free submission. You must submit in the "STUDENT" category ONLY to receive the free submission. Your film will be disqualified if you do not provide proof of your student status. Any submission into other categories will require you to pay the fee.
Best Animation Film
Best Student Animation
Best Comedy Film
Best Student Comedy Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Student Documentary Film
Best Erotica/Adult Film
Best Student Erotica/Adult Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Experimental Film
Best LGBTIQQ Film
Best Student LGBTIQQ Film
Best Narrative Film
Best Student Narrative Film
Best Video Art Film
Best Student Video Art Film
We will award laurels for "Official Selection" into the festival, for the "Best Film" and "Audience Choice" of each category, and for "Finalists" and "Semi Finalists" of each category.
By submitting to the festival you agree to the following Rules & Terms.
1. We require that non-English language films be subtitled in English.
2. By submitting, the filmmaker warrants that they are the rightful owner of the submission and do not violate or infringe on any trademark, trade name, copyright, literary, dramatic, musical, artistic or other intellectual property or personal rights.
3. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SPLICE Film Fest, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
4. SPLICE Film Fest is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screenings, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. Submissions of independent film from any part of the world are welcome.
6. Filmmakers receiving the student free entry must email us a scanned copy of their up to date student ID in order to be considered. Your entry will be disqualified if you do not send us proof of your student status when asked.
7. Erotica/Adult film actors must submit a release for certifying that they are over 18 years of age. Your entry will be disqualified with no refund if you do not send us the release forms when asked.
8. All films must be submitted either through FilmFreeway using through a password protected digital upload on a third party site like Vimeo. We will NOT accept unsolicited email submissions. We will NOT accept DVDs or hardcopies for consideration or screening. Should your film be selected, we will download the file to be built into the festival program.
9. Despite our freedom to use your film for our own screenings and advertising, we in no way would like to imply that we have some sort of ownership of your film. Should your film be picked up by a production or distribution company after screening at our festival, we demand no percentage of your deal or profits. Whatever you choose to do with the film outside of the festival is still solely up to you, because we do not own your film inherently through submission.
10. Any aspect of the festival is subject to change at the discretion of the Festival Director or Board. These aspects include: Award Categories, Event Dates, Submission Deadlines, Venue, Category and Entry Fee, Award Recipients, Awards & Prizes, and the Selection Status of your film. Should the final film festival event be cancelled (not delayed or rescheduled, but cancelled) for any reason, any filmmakers who have paid to have their film entered will receive a full refund. There are NO refunds if you withdraw your film from the festival.
11. For any questions or concerns about the Terms of Entry or the festival itself, feel free to contact the Festival Director via message on our Facebook page or via our general e-mail at email@example.com