SF3 - the SmartFone Flick Fest is Australia’s international smartphone film festival.
Open to filmmakers of all ages from first-time filmmakers to professionals. As long as your film is shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet and is within the six and a half minute time limit your film is eligible for submission. Everyone has a great idea for a short film and a potential movie camera in their pocket, so no excuses. Here’s your chance to start filming!
Thirteen films will be selected from all the entries to screen at our Gala Finals Event at the Chauvel Cinema in Sydney, Australia on Friday 7th September, 2018. The night starts with a VIP Meet and Greet Event and Party which is a chance for all SF3 2018 filmmakers, creatives, actors, sponsors and judges to mingle with industry professionals and each other. The SF360 Finalists will be screened at this event. Following this, the SF3 Top Ten Films and other Award Winners will be screened on the big screen of the iconic and historic Palace Chauvel Cinema and a panel of esteemed judges will award the SF3 Prizes to category winners, including the top prizes of SF3 2018 Best Film and SF3 2018 People's Choice Award. All prizes are awarded by our judging panel except the People's Choice Award which is a public vote. Our 2018 judging panel includes Louis Nowra, Megan Riakos, Serhat Caradee, Ros Gentle, Anthony Montes, Piet de Vries & Alan Nurthen. Our 2018 Ambassador is Nicole da Silva, star of Wentworth and Doctor Doctor.
Many of our past Top Ten and shortlisted films have been invited to screen around the world at our partner film festivals including the International Mobil Film Festival in San Diego, the Syria Mobile Film Festival and more. The opportunities are endless for smartphone filmmakers. All films MUST be shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet and must not exceed 6.5 minutes (including credits). You can use any editing software, apps and phone additions, and you can edit on a PC, laptop or your phone. So, pull your phone out of your pocket and start filming, it really is that easy!
Thank you to SF3 2015 & 2016 filmmaker, Conrad Mess, for your cover image from your award winning iPhone film, "Time to Pay Off Debts".
SF3 is proud to award over $10,000 worth of prizes from our amazing sponsors including prize packs from The Pocket Film Academy and the #Filmbreaker Movement, Luma Touch, Final Draft, Rode Mics, The Hub Studio, Screen Actors Workshop, Power Productions and Story Board Quick, the Australian Cinematographer's Society, Anthony Mora PR for Filmmakers, Ribbet, Charliee Presley & NIDA.
Prizes awarded: SF3 Best Film, SF3 People's Choice, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay, WIFT Women In Film Award, Best Actress, Best Actor & Best Kids Flick (for under 16s), Founders' Flick Pick and Best 360/VR Video.
The rules are simple:
1. The film must be shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet.
2. Films must be no longer than 6 minutes and 30 seconds including titles and credits. One exception is on our 360/VR category where exceptional videos of longer lengths will be considered.
3. All scripts and ideas must be your original material.
4. Copyright material can only be used if you have written permission to do so.
5. You can use any software to edit your video and audio.
6 You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
7. You can use external microphones, wide-angle lenses, lighting, tripods, etc.
8. You can enter as many films as you like.
9. Your film can have been made in any year and is allowed to have screened in other festivals and online.
10. Your film must meet all the terms and conditions of the festival to be eligible.
11. Filmmakers for the Kids Flick Award must be 16 or under at the time of submission.
The submission deadline for the SmartFone Flick Fest is 11:49PM AEST, August 1, 2018.
Check out our site for full T&C's - www.sf3.com.au