SF3 - the SmartFone Flick Fest is Australia’s international smartphone film festival.
Open to filmmakers of all ages from all around the world, from first-time filmmakers to professionals. As long as your film is shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet, your film is eligible for submission.
We have 4 categories in 2019: SF3 Best Film (films 20 mins and under), SF3 Best Feature Film, SF3 Kids Best Film (for filmmakers 16 and under) and SF360 Award (360 and VR videos).
Everyone has a great idea for a short film and a potential movie camera in their pocket, so no excuses. Here’s your chance to start filming and be in the running to share in over $30,000 worth of prizes and have your film screened on one of Australia's premiere screens in front of a global audience.
Our finalist films and one feature film will be selected from all the entries to screen at SF3 2019. We will be holding three live screenings and awards: our Gala Finals Event at one of Australia's premiere theatres, our very first feature film premier and our second SF3 Kids Screening and Awards, both also at our top Australian venue, TBC (announcement coming very soon). Our 2018 Gala Finals were held at the Sydney Opera House and our SF3 Kids and Shortlist Screenings were held at Event Cinemas Bondi Junction. From 2015-2018 we held our Gala Finals at the iconic art deco Chauvel Cinema in Paddington, Sydney.
Many of our past Top Ten and shortlisted films have been invited to screen around the world at our partner film festivals including the International Mobil Film Festival in San Diego, the Syria Mobile Film Festival and more. The opportunities are endless for smartphone filmmakers. All films MUST be shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet, meet our time requirements and you can use any editing software, apps and phone additions, and you can edit on a PC, laptop or your phone. So, pull your phone out of your pocket and start filming, it really is that easy!
SF3 is proud to award over $30,000 worth of prizes from our amazing sponsors including prize packs from The Pocket Film Academy and the #Filmbreaker Movement, Luma Touch, Final Draft, Rode Mics, The Hub Studio, Screen Actors Workshop, Power Productions and Story Board Quick, the Australian Cinematographer's Society, the Australian Director's Guild, Screen Producers Australia, the Australian Writer's Guild, iOgrapher, iPitch TV, Laugh Masters Academy, Anthony Mora PR for Filmmakers, Ribbet, Charliee Presley & NIDA.
Prizes awarded: SF3 Best Film, SF3 People's Choice, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay, WIFT Women In Film Award, Best Actress, Best Actor & Best Kids Flick (for under 16s), Founders' Flick Pick and Best 360/VR Video.
The rules are simple:
1. The film must be shot entirely on a smartphone or tablet.
2. Films for the SF3 Best Film, SF3 Kids and SF360 Award Categories must be no longer than 20 minutes including titles and credits. Feature films must be a minimum of 1 hour with no maximum.
3. All scripts and ideas must be your original material.
4. Copyright material can only be used if you have written permission to do so.
5. You can use any software to edit your video and audio.
6 You can use any software for colour correction or special effects.
7. You can use external microphones, wide-angle lenses, lighting, tripods, etc.
8. You can enter as many films as you like.
9. Your film can have been made in any year and is allowed to have screened in other festivals and online.
10. Your film must meet all the terms and conditions of the festival to be eligible.
11. Filmmakers for the Kids Flick Award must be 16 or under at the time of submission.
12. We accept films from all over the world, no restrictions.
The submission deadline for the SmartFone Flick Fest is 11:49PM AEST, August 8, 2019.
Check out our site for full T&C's and to ask any questions - www.sf3.com.au