Sonoma County students are invited to submit short films for the 13th annual student film festival to be held virtually on Friday, April 9, 2021.
The festival's CALL FOR ENTRIES will remain open until Saturday, March 13, 2021!
Filmmakers invited to screen at the Sonoma County Student Film Festival will receive passes to attend Film Fest Petaluma, Sonoma County’s Premier International Shorts Festival, held April 23rd - May 2nd. Films designated as “Best of Show” will be invited to screen as part of the festival program where student filmmakers will have the opportunity to network and engage with industry professionals from around the world.
- Entrants must be currently or previously enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in a school located in Sonoma County, California USA during Spring 2021, or a significant crew member must have been enrolled in a Sonoma County School at the time the film was made.
- The festival welcomes work in animation, live action, documentary, music video, and experimental forms.
-Students with prior enrollment must have made the film while they were at a Sonoma County school to qualify.
- Films must have been produced within the last two years.
- Films must not exceed 15 minutes in length.
- Foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
- Submitted films must be headed and followed by an appropriate amount of black screen (at least 5 seconds).
- Filmmakers may submit a maximum of two film entries.
- Each film entry must include a completed entry form, film synopsis, cast/crew list and 1-3 digital stills to be considered.
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
- Filmmakers must be able to attend the virtual Q & A on Friday, April 9th.