SCREEN High School Film Festival returns to the Aero Theater in Santa Monica for its 15th year. After drive-in and online hybrid last year, we are looking forward to returning to a fully in-person event.
We would love to count you and your students among our 2022 invitees, to celebrate your films and enjoy an evening with passionate film lovers like you.
If you have submitted in the past, we loved watching your films- please send more! If you have been accepted in the past, we loved sharing your work with others- so send more! And if you never submitted before, we want to help MORE people to see YOUR work!
Last year we received work representing California high schools, from San Francisco to San Diego, and enjoyed submissions from many new contributing schools. Count yourself as one of the 2021 participants by submitting your work today!
Awards & Prizes:
Best of Fest
Juror's pick - presented by a prominent member of the film industry
Rules & Terms
1) Films must have been filmed, wrapped, edited, and completed between the months of September 2020 and January 2022 by CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS.
2) Films must have been directed, written, and edited by high school students only. Films made by high school seniors during the 2020-2021 academic year are eligible only if the films were shot prior to college enrollment.
3) Films must be under 15 minutes in length
4) Submissions accepted via FilmFreeway. Films should be the highest HD quality you can provide. If a lesser quality file is submitted and you are selected, we will require you to send a higher quality version prior to the festival.
5) Must be submitted by December 15, 2021 to meet the regular deadline. Our late deadline is January 14, 2022, but we highly encourage you to submit before the regular deadline to give your film the best chance at being selected.
6) By submitting a film to the SCREEN Film Festival, filmmakers affirm that they have cleared all rights to materials within their films including but not limited to music rights, actors releases, etc.
7) Filmmakers who are selected to the SCREEN Film Festival allow their film to be shared on youtube in a compilation reel, after the festival takes place.