The Rushes National Film Festival aims to nurture
a culture for the critical appreciation, and
discussion of films, irrespective of genres or
language. The film festival will also provide a platform for
students to improve and showcase their works in front of
Professionals and a vast audience.
1st Prize ₹10,000
2nd Prize ₹5000
3rd Prize ₹3000
Special prize (Best regional short film made in Kannada) ₹5000
1) Quality: 720p or above
2) Duration: Entries should not exceed 20 minutes (including titles and credits)
3) Only films completed on or after 1st January, 2018 are eligible for the festival. The short films must be uploaded no later than 10th January, 2020.
4) Send your student id to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles.
6) All submissions will be screened and evaluated by the RNFF Selection Committee. Their reports are final and confidential. The selected films will be screened at the film festival.
7) The entries which do not comply with the rules and regulations are liable to be rejected.
8) The short film must not contain any copyright work(s) belonging to third parties unless:
Participants have a license to use such works in the film.
Usage of found footage which doesn't hold any copyrights is allowed.
9) Once submitted, the entries cannot be withdrawn for any reason whatsoever.
10) All international submissions are considered for screening purposes only and is not included in the official competition.
A maximum of only two persons from the team, who submit the entry, will be considered as the ‘Participants’. All communications from our side will accrue only to them.