An IMDb qualified festvial , Rotterdam Independent Film Festival (Riff) is a brand new, up-and-coming online seasonal short film festival in Netherland, a country with great filmmakers like Johan van der Keuken and popular international film festivals. Riff is an exclusive online short film competition, and our main goal is to showcase the brilliant short projects for a diverse audience of cinephiles.
RIFF is more than just a Film event; it is a strong connection among all filmmakers worldwide. RIFF is a hub for international filmmakers to celebrate their premieres, thank their cast and crew, and meet their fans. Exposing young talented filmmakers to an environment of industry professionals with vast experience in their field is a priority for us. One of our top aims is to help first-time filmmakers promote their talent regardless of their age. The objective of RIFF is to provide support to indie filmmakers globally through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking. We aim to create networks that lead to further opportunities for filmmakers.
RIFF is an online award film festival. You have two steps in front to advance to the annual event. At first, each season, our jury selects the winners of each category through "private" screenings. Every submitted film has a chance to be a winner for each season. In the next step, the winner projects must confirm if they are interested in being part of our online event. If you are selected for an online event, you need to send us materials for online screening.
Our judges consist of filmmakers and industry professionals from 5 different countries. We believe that having such a multicultural team behind our festival helps our festival thrive among Indie Festivals.
Male Director (for both short and feature)
Female Director (for both short and feature)
First-time filmmaker shorts
Documentary (for both short and feature)
Acting in Short (for both male and female)
Original Screenwriting (for both short and feature)
Unproduced Script (for both short and feature)
Your submission implies that you have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration, along with your acceptance of RIFF regulations.
1) International films are required to have English subtitles
2) Short films are 50 mins and under. Micro short is under 5 minutes
3) To submit a film or script, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the content owner to submit the film to us.
4) Films must be 2016 or newer to qualify for an award.
5) Our festival is run by a small group of volunteers, film enthusiasts, and professional film judges. Every effort is made to provide excellent communication. If there is anything we can assist with, please send us an email, and we will contact you back within 72 hours.
6) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
7) Only the winner project has the chance for the online screening. Given that we might not receive all the film screening materials on time, we reserve the right to change the time of the online event. If we change the date, the new information will be communicated to the affected filmmakers (the winners's one).
8 ) We communicate with filmmakers through emails, so we appreciate that you check your email regularly.
9) All fees are non-refundable