The River to River Florence Indian Film Festival is the only film festival in Italy totally devoted to films from and about India, and it takes place in the amazing city of Florence.
The name of the festival wants to describe the flowing of cultures through cinema, from the Ganges to the Arno river: River to River.
The 23rd edition will take place under the Patronage of the Embassy of India, from 7 to 12 December 2023 in the beautiful venue of cinema La Compagnia in Florence.
The Festival's mission is to showcase Indian cinema at 360 degrees, among which the latest movies as well as homages about Indian masters of the past and special themes around India.
QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSIONS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
River to River organises Q&A sessions with the directors, actors and producers after the screenings of their films.
Furthermore, the Festival organises also side events such as photo exhibitions, cocktails and parties.
Films are divided into features, shorts and documentaries.
There is a winner for each category, that will be screened in the "best of" River to River events that take place during the following year in Italy.
GENERAL RULES - REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR FILM
River to River Florence Indian Film Festival screens only films from and about India that have an Indian director or/and Indian content.
The Festival accepts feature films (not below 70 minutes of length), short films (maximum 20 minutes of length) and documentaries (not below 20 minutes of length).
All films must have been completed in 2022 or later and need to be Italian premieres.
Please note that films that are publicly available on streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, etc., before or during the Festival dates will not be eligible to screen at River to River Florence Indian Film Festival.
Furthermore, only the Festival can decide to make an expection for specific cases.
Films that are not in English will need to have English subtitles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The films will be chosen by the Selection Panel of the Festival.
2. After accepting the invitation to participate in the Festival the film cannot be withdrawn.
3. Selected films will be screened in their original version with English and Italian subtitles.
4. General scheduling and timetabling of screenings are entirely at the discretion of the Festival.
5. Films will be shown to the press before the Festival dates through an online link that the filmmaker will provide.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED TO BE SCREENED AT THE FESTIVAL, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Screening copy of your film in one of the accepted formats (DCP is preferred or Blu-Ray).
- Backup digital file of your film.
- Press kit in word format with synopsis, full credits, high def (300 dpi) film stills, director's bio with a headshot.
- Trailer without watermark.
- English dialogue list with time code for the translation and subtitling job.
- Online link of the film (vimeo or other platforms) to share with the press and the subtitling team.