The Riverside Short Film Festival furthers the art and craft of film-making by supporting, promoting and recognizing the art of short film and its artists. The goal of the festival is to amplify our collective and individual awareness by bringing the world to New Haven, Mo, and beyond, to celebrate fresh voices and differing global perspectives with the hope that these programs will enlighten audiences, provide exposure for filmmakers, preserve the art of the short film and present inspired entertainment for all.
Cash & Award prizes
1. The Board of Directors invites and selects the films which wil be presented in the competition and for screening. Each film invited to be part of the offical selection will receive a Certificate of Participation
2."Short Films" are classified should not exceed 30 minutes in length, including credits
3. Once a film has been selected, it cannot be withdrawn from competition
4. Any non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses, if required, are to be met by the producer.
5. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
6. All films submitted for the offical selection must be entered by Deadline Listed
7. The following will be accepted for the submission process:
1. Playable DVD
2. USB Drives with MP4 format
3. DATA DVD if you feel your film is best presented in this format.
4. Downloadable link in a high res format
Any film sent in other formats for the initial submission process (Beta, MIni-DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm) will not be viewed
Please send your film once and in only one format. Please not that the films submitted will When filling out the entry form, please state if this is the final version, a rough cut or a work in progress.
8. Complete documentation for each submitted film is to be made available to the Film Festival if required. The DVDs must be sent by to:
Riverside Short Film & Video Festival
1101 Miller Street PO Box 15
New Haven, MO 63068
9. There is no submission fee to enter. You will not be reimbursed for any costs or mailing costs. All expenses for the transportation and insurance of prints are also the responsibility of their owner.
10. Submissions will not be returned. Submission does not guarantee screening. If your film is chosen for screening, a high quality copy may be required.
11. We reserve the right to change the category of your submission
12. . Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
[You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organisers of the Festival Permission to screen the film during the Festival, and the festival’s world tour, and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organisers of the Film Festival.
[You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
The film contains no material which is obscene, libellous or defamatory.
[You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
[You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
[You / The Company] will indemnify the organisers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
[You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2015 of the Festival.
[You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations 2015 of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
[You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organisers of the Festival a non exclusive licence to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that the organisers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
[You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organisers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
[You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
[You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.