“Art without borders” is the philosophy of the RETURN International Film & Art Festival. Our goal is to feature works by artists from across the globe and a wide variety of different industries.
Humanitarian and environmental issues will play a central role at our festival and our goal is to promote international cultural exchange. We are inspired by the transcendental nature of art, and the special role it plays in creating new perspectives and innovations. The term “RETURN” indicates that we want to look back at the art and artists that came before us, our cultural heritage that has laid the groundwork for our modern society and is an integral part of our communities.
A special characteristic of the festival is that we will focus on questions rather than themes. The answers will emerge from the works of the artists. Global challenges will play a central role when raising those questions.
The RETURN International Film & Art Festival builds an infrastructure that helps artists to create their work sustainably and that will give them a fresh start after the pandemic. We believe that art flourishes when it can be presented to and be in conversation with a live audience.
Festival’s Question 2023:
Freedom - what is it good for?
Best Short Film / Director
Best Documentary / Director
Best Animation / Director
All winners receive a free certificate (pdf/jpg file)
"FREEDOM - What is it good for?"
Every human has his own understanding of what freedom actually means, no matter were you live in the world. What does it mean to be truly free? For what do we use our freedom? And what happens if freedom gets taken from us? How do we fight for freedom? We want to find answers to those questions in this years RETURN-Festival.
Short films, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non-fiction), animated film up to 30 minutes, including all credits. (The films should be completed from 2017 onward)
The filmmakers who have problems paying in EU countries, please contact us via email@example.com so we can give you a code for uploading.******
By submitting your film you agree to the following:
- Parts of your film - including a trailer, teaser, film poster, extracts, and stills - will be used for promotional purposes.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
- The films must include English subtitles even if the spoken language is English.
- All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
- All ages are eligible, and you can submit from any country.
- All entries must be uploaded in PDF/FDX format. Contact details or names are allowed to be on the title page.
-All filmmakers will be notified of their status by mid-sep 2022 via the submission contact email address. Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing Info@returniaf.de.
We do not accept:
1. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organisations
2. Films involving politics/films promoting political agenda
3. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD