Welcome to the 2023 REEL Launchers Film Festival – a youth-led micro-documentary and mixed media festival curated by Life2Launch. This event shines a spotlight on how today's youth are shaping their lives on their own terms.
Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Our inaugural film festival is scheduled for November 8, 2023, right here in Oregon, the home state of Life2Launch. The festival focuses on showcasing both local and global youth filmmakers, fostering an ongoing sense of community and providing opportunities for young creatives.
This event celebrates the diverse exploration of how today’s youth are redefining the life-launching process, building holistic life and career skills, shaping their desired future, and inspiring others to do the same.
The festival audience includes youth and a cross-section of guests from government and educational institutions, industry sectors, workforce regions partners, and non-profits.
Awards & Prizes
Oregon Regional Awards - up to a total of 9 awards state-wide
- $500 -- Jury Award for Best Oregon Youth Film
- Travel expenses to attend the REEL Launchers Film Festival in Bend, Oregon on November 8, 2023
- Three-month part-time paid internship as a Life2Launch engagement ambassador taking the festival on the road virtually and in-person visiting schools and communities in Oregon’s regions.
- Six sessions of life and career skill-building coaching
Global Awards up to a total of 3 awards globally (excludes Oregon, USA)
- $500 -- Jury Award for Best Global Youth Film
- Three-month part-time paid internship as a Life2Launch engagement ambassador support work within your community
- Six sessions of life and career skill-building coaching
Subject of the Documentary
Other prizes may be given out to youth featured in documentaries based on the discretion of the jury, festival sponsors, and/or organizers.
All submissions must be micro-documentary either film or mixed media format. All films submitted must be made by youth 15-25 years of age. Join our Discord server for more information:
Film submissions under 7 minutes in total runtime are strongly recommended. If your film exceeds 7 minutes in length, it will be much harder to consider for programming.
Films can be shot with any type of equipment including cell phone, iPad, Go Pro cameras, digital cameras, and beyond.
The director, camera person, editor and interviewee/subject must be between 15-25 years old
Pay careful attention to your audio quality while filming and before submitting to the festival. Poor audio recording is the #1 issue for otherwise well-made youth films.
MP4 standard file format and all films must have English subtitles.
Youth can submit as many entries as they like but each must be submitted as a separate entry.
The deadline to submit is 11:59pm Tuesday, Oct 17, 2023
Participation in the festival, including the submission of film via FilmFreeway.com, implies acceptance of all festival rules and regulations.
All films will be accepted for review and may be used at the discretion of the festival for promotional purposes, including but not limited to, screenings, workshops, or in print for the sole purpose of promoting the festival.
By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as the festival may require.
The prize will not be transferable to another person.
No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
The submitted film(s) must have been made between 2022 and 2023.
The film must not contain scenes of graphic violence, nudity, or extreme coarse language (and must be accessible to a general audience).
All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed.
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to ensure that all relevant rights and permissions are secured. The filmmaker indemnifies the festival against any and all claims regarding copyright, etc.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Reel Launchers Film Festival (the "RLFF") for consideration for the ReeL Launchers Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the RLFF because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or the RLFF of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RLFF, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Oregon and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Portland in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting a film or screenplay to RLFF, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the RLFF or the Festival.