CURRENT THEME / CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Halloween, Supernatural beings, Ghosts & Undead, Strange unexplainable occurrences, Haunted houses, Creepy places, Spine-tingling encounters, and all-things Spooky-Season!
PRO TIP: We love stories that are universal in scope with broad appeal for a wide audience, in the realm of horror, supernatural, spooky comedy, and creepy fun, with a big juicy twist at the end.
Welcome to the Red Tower Spooktacular, the film festival from Red Tower Entertainment, a genre production and content distribution company that delivers FREE original and curated content that strives to entertain, scare, and test your horror-loving bleeding heart boundaries in the genre.
With a focus on horror and supernatural shorts and series, Red Tower was created FOR ARTISTS, BY ARTISTS, as a way for filmmakers to share audiences globally, and engage with them through the power of YouTube. Our founders are veterans of the film industry and passionate about all things Horror, and we’re excited to throw open the doors and invite you to join the Red Tower REDvolution! There is bound to be something for genre fans of all tastes. So saddle up and dive in! Let's have a bloody-good time! Check us out: www.youtube.com/@redtowerent
Got queries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Official Selections will receive:
* Inclusion in the Festival Showcase on Red Tower’s YouTube channel, and an ongoing presence in the Red Tower catalog.
* Free entry into every future Red Tower Festival
* Festival Laurels
* Festival graphics formatted for social media, to help you promote your film to your own fans, friends, and followers (don't forget, THEY determine the winner of the Audience Choice Award!)
* Ongoing marketing support from Red Tower, to help drive views from audience and industry professionals.
Official Selections will be screened by an independent panel of judges, who will nominate films for the following awards. Nominees will be invited to attend the in-person festival, where the winners in each category will be announced. In-person attendance is not required to be eligible to win.
~ Best Original Story ($250)
~ Outstanding Direction ($250)
~ Outstanding Performance ($250)
~ Coolest Special Effects / Monster ($250)
~ Best Twist ($200)
~ Audience Choice Award -- chosen by our YouTube viewing audience! ($400)
~ “Absolutely Spooktacular” Best of Fest ($400)
Honorable mentions may be awarded, at the discretion of the judging panel.
Winning Films/Filmmakers will receive:
* Up to $2,000.00 in prize money!
* A unique trophy, designed exclusively for the Red Tower Spooktacular
* A Red Tower merch item of your choice
* A meeting with our Originals department, where you can pitch your next big idea.
* Ongoing marketing dollars invested into your film, mentorship for the filmmakers, and guidance from the Red Tower team as we facilitate potential partnership opportunities with larger studios and notable production companies.
- Red Tower reserves the right to omit awarding honors in any category if the submissions do not meet the judging standards.
- Red Tower reserves the right to award any additional specialty honors not outlined above, should the panel of judges determine additional honors are deserved.
- Red Tower reserves the right to change/update Official Selections at any time for any reason.
- Not every film selected as an Official Selection will be screened during the live event.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Red Tower Spooktacular film festival! Official Selections will be chosen, announced, and released publicly on our YouTube channel on a rolling basis, and all award nominees will be announced at least one month prior to the in-person festival. Attendance at the in-person festival is not required for consideration.
Submissions may be of any length, from any country. Submitted films should either be in English or include English subtitles, and a text file in English will be required for closed captioning purposes.
By submitting, you acknowledge and accept the rules & conditions of the Red Tower Spooktacular film festival:
1) No Nudity or explicit sexual content – this is for a YouTube audience, after all.
2) Filmmakers retain full ownership of their work. If chosen as an Official Selection, filmmakers authorize Red Tower to present the film within the YouTube platform, non-exclusively. The filmmakers are free to stream the film online, and to permit other entities, sites, and platforms to host/present the film at will.
3) All materials, including but not limited to the submitted film, excerpts, stills, artist biographies, and promotional materials, will be retained by Red Tower and may be used in perpetuity for promotional purposes, including local, national, and international press and electronic media in any form.
4) Submitting filmmaker must have full legal rights to submit their film. It is the sole responsibility of the submitting filmmaker to attain all permissions required from artists, studios, or production companies prior to submitting and screenings.
5) It is the sole responsibility of the submitting filmmaker to secure any authorization, releases, or licenses for copyrighted materials used within the film, including music.
6) Music licenses must be provided to Red Tower upon request, prior to the announcement of Official Selections.
7) Red Tower reserves the right to change the screening venue, streaming platform, or festival date(s) for any reason. All filmmakers will be notified of any changes to the program.
8) Entry fees are non-refundable.
Projects that do not follow the rules & terms above can be automatically disqualified at the sole discretion of Red Tower.
By submitting your film to this festival:
~ You represent and warrant that you have full legal right and authority to submit the mentioned film for consideration by Red Tower, and that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained.
~ You understand that your submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into the Red Tower Spooktacular film festival.
~ You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Red Tower from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS: