RRFF is dedicated to the enrichment of Lancaster County and its artistic community through the promotion of independent films, new technologies and continued economic development, tourism, and education.
This festival recognizes the many voices of filmmakers & innovators across the planet and celebrates their perspectives, cultures and visions.
Best Picture - $10,000: The top prize is awarded to best feature film that showcases character-driven narratives.
Best Short Narrative Film – $2,500: Awarded to the best short film with content specific to character driven or culturally related content
Best Documentary - $2,500: Awarded to the best non-fiction film.
Best Student - $2,500: Awarded to the best film created by a student(s) who is currently in college (or was enrolled in college in 2019). A valid student ID photo must accompany your submission; please email a picture of your current, valid college ID to info@redrosefilmfestival with your name and film title in the subject line.
Best New Media (Recognition): Recognition is awarded to the digital/experiential innovations celebrating new technology and digital content, such as VR, augmented reality, mobile tech, gaming, e-sports, novel animation, et cetera. PLEASE EMAIL THE FESTIVAL DIRECTLY at email@example.com FOR SPECIAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS CATEGORY. Please be aware that this category is strictly for new technology and digital content, not simply for "new films."
The Red Rose (Local Recognition): Recognition is awarded to the best film directed by a
Lancaster County resident.
* ATTENTION RR|FF wants LOCAL filmmakers from the host county to apply to their appropriate films category. "THE RED ROSE" is a category comprised of FEATURES, DOCS, & NEW MEDIA. "THE RED ROSE" is a recognition award for excellence by a local filmmaker
NOTE: Films with graphic violence, sex, or language may be disqualified.
1) All decisions of programmers and jurors are final. All entries will be viewed and given equal consideration.
2) NO ENTRIES AND OR FINAL SELECTIONS WILL BE RETURNED.
3) All submitted materials must include the FilmFreeway tracking number and additional information as listed in the General Rules.
4). Press Kit materials as listed above will be sent only upon notification of Officially Selected. The Red Rose Film Festival assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY of marketing and promotion if proper press kit materials are not sent after notification as deemed in the General Rules. It is the sole responsibility of the Filmmaker to send all materials listed.
5) Notification date is on or around Sept 20th, 2019.
6). If selected as an Official Selection, projects are to be uploaded to the designated RRFF FTP site. One (1) screening copy must be sent on a DVD/Bluray and/or thumb-drive (thumb-drive preferred).
7) RRFF reserves the right to select films from the entire pool of submissions.
8) There are no restrictions on premiere or distribution status, but films may not have been completed prior to January 1, 2018.
9) While RRFF respects many diverse global perspectives the festival does reserve the right to not accept a film that is perceived to promote a careless or malicious culture of hate, violence, or obscenity. Films with graphic violence, sex, or language may be disqualified.
10) RRFF does consider works in progress.
11) All entered films grant the Red Rose Film Festival a non-exclusive limited-use agreement to use selected portions of films chosen for competition and/or to use film promotional materials to promote the festival, including the rights to utilize any excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at RRFF for promotional purposes and/or on RRFF's website. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual property.
12) RRFF does not accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials. Please do not send us any original copies, master copies, the only copy you have, etc.
13). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film and have read the regulations.
14). Dates and guidelines subject to change without prior notice.
15.) It is up to the filmmaker to use discretion in length of travel but ask filmmakers to take reasonable measures to judge the need for flights in making travel arrangements.
16.) It is preferred that nominees are in attendance. If you are unable to attend, you forfeit potential reimbursement.
17). Student Filmmakers must submit proof of student status by uploading a valid student ID
Thank you and happy submitting!