The vision for the Red Rose Film Festival (RRFF) is to expand on the thriving arts community of Central Pennsylvania. Lancaster is the home of world-renowned artists, musicians, and entertainers. RRFF will showcase the best films nationally and globally in a city and region that famously supports the arts.
RRFF seeks to become one of the premier community-centered film festivals by delivering world-class experiences to filmmakers in an accessible, vibrant city.
Best Picture - $10,000: The top prize is awarded to best feature film
Best Short Film- $2,500: A top prize is awarded to the best film with a total running time (including all credits) of 40 minutes or fewer.
Best Documentary - $2,500: A top prize is awarded to the best non-fiction film.
Best Student - $2,500: A top prize is awarded to the best film created by a student(s) who is currently in college (or was enrolled in college in 2019). A valid student ID photo must accompany your submission.
*The Red Rose (Best Local Film) - $2,500: A top prize is awarded to the best film directed by a resident of Lancaster County.
Each winner will receive a physical award as well as a cash prize!
* ATTENTION RR|FF recommends to LOCAL filmmakers from the host county to consider their films category before submitting to "THE RED ROSE" as this category is comprised of FEATURES, DOCS, & SHORTS. RR|FF would like filmmakers to be aware that submission to more than one category will result in more than one submission fee
NOTE: Films with graphic violence, sex, or language may be disqualified.
1) All decisions of programmers and jurors are final. All entries will be viewed and given equal consideration.
2) NO ENTRIES AND OR FINAL SELECTIONS WILL BE RETURNED.
3) All submitted materials must include the FilmFreeway tracking number and additional information as listed in the General Rules.
4). Press Kit materials as listed above will be sent only upon notification of Officially Selected. The Red Rose Film Festival assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY of marketing and promotion if proper press kit materials are not sent after notification as deemed in the General Rules. It is the sole responsibility of the Filmmaker to send all materials listed.
5) Notification date is on or around Sept 20th, 2019.
6). If selected as an Official Selection, projects are to be uploaded to the designated RRFF FTP site. One (1) screening copy must be sent on a DVD/Bluray and/or thumb-drive (thumb-drive preferred).
7) RRFF reserves the right to select films from the entire pool of submissions.
8) There are no restrictions on premiere or distribution status, but films may not have been completed prior to January 1, 2018.
9) While RRFF respects many diverse global perspectives the festival does reserve the right to not accept a film that is perceived to promote a careless or malicious culture of hate, violence, or obscenity. Films with graphic violence, sex, or language may be disqualified.
10) RRFF does consider works in progress.
11) All entered films grant the Red Rose Film Festival a non-exclusive limited-use agreement to use selected portions of films chosen for competition and/or to use film promotional materials to promote the festival, including the rights to utilize any excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at RRFF for promotional purposes and/or on RRFF's website. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual property.
12) RRFF does not accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials. Please do not send us any original copies, master copies, the only copy you have, etc.
13). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film and have read the regulations.
14). Dates and guidelines subject to change without prior notice.
15). RRFF pays for the top nominees in each category to attend the festival. Nominee travel costs are coordinated 3 - 4 weeks in advance of festival. You will be given a deadline to send requested information to RRFF for booking. If requested information is not received by cut-off, you will need to make your own arrangements and RRFF will reimburse you up to $500.00. If you choose to make your own travel plans, RRFF will reimburse you up to $500.00 for domestic round-trip flights, $600.00 for international round-trip flights. It is the discretion of film officials to determine length of travel but ask filmmakers to take reasonable measures to judge the need for flights in making travel arrangements.
16). It is preferred that nominees are in attendance. If you are unable to attend, you forfeit your round-trip flight reimbursement/booked trip.
17). Student Filmmakers must submit proof of student status by uploading a valid student ID
Thank you and happy submitting!