The first annual Red Cedar Film Festival will be held in beautiful downtown Menomonie Wisconsin.
Films will be shown in two locations that are within a short walk of each other:
- Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts, a grand historic building built in 1889
- Wilson Park Band Shell, an outdoor stage with bench and grass seating
Jury awards are given for the following categories:
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Midwest Roots
Best Student Feature
Best Student Short
Best Animated Feature
Best Animated Short
Films competing in juried categories are chosen solely at the discretion of the RCFF programming team. Acceptance to the festival does not guarantee placement in competition.
RCFF juries are comprised of filmmakers, film critics and industry figures.
Prizes to be announced.
1. Film screeners will only be accepted via FilmFreeway.
2. Films must have been completed on or after December 31, 2017.
3. Films in theatrical release in Wisconsin or Minnesota prior to, or at the time of the festival (July, 2019) are not eligible.
4. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
5. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
6. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
7. Student film entries must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID, transcript, etc. and should be emailed at time of entry to email@example.com with entry title in subject line of the email).
8. Midwest Roots Films must be shot or have a Director, Producer or Screenwriter residing in one of these sates ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, OH, IN, IL, IA MO & NE.