47th Growth International Film Festival is oldest film festival in Iran. It is centered on the films with educational and pedagogical themes and is staged every year by the Supplying Educational Media Center, a sub-branch of the Ministry of Education of the I.R.Iran. The festival seeks the main objectives of identifying and selecting the best educational and pedagogical films in order to introduce them to the educational systems.
Growth International Film Festival was first staged in 1963 by the Bureau of Audio-visual Activities of the Ministry of Education of Iran. The official name of this festival was first "the International Educational Film Festival".
From the 20th festival on, the official name of the festival turned into its current name, i.e. "Growth International Educational Film Festival". For the first time in 1993, Growth International Film Festival was staged simultaneously in Tehran and the city of Bandarabbas, the center of Hormozgan Province, southern Iran. From 1993 up until 2001, the festival was staged every year, simultaneously in Tehran and other provinces of Iran. Since 2001, Tehran is the only host of Growth International Film Festival and the Provincial Growth Film Festivals have been staged periodically but not simultaneously in other provinces
Films about science, worldwide culture and customs, young people, sport and health affairs at schools are welcomed.
The main objectives of Growth International Film festival are as follows: Identifying, choosing, and introducing the best educational and pedagogical films in order to encourage the Iranian and foreign film makers who are active in the field of educational films and promote artistic and cultural interactions among them. By triggering intercommunication among the educational film makers, Growth Film Festival seeks to improve the quality and quantity of the educational films produced in the I.R.Iran.
Cash prize for 3 first movies in each category + Trophy.
* Movies must produced after 1st Jan 2015
* Films about science, worldwide culture and customs, young people, sport and health affairs at schools are welcomed.
* Any genre and any duration is acceptable
* There is English subtitle needed.
* By registering in this festival, festival get rights of screening of movies for Iranian schools for one years.
* Festival has this right to screen selected movies in theatrical version for students.
* We need to download video files for preview and judgment process, so please enable it.