Welcome to the 7th edition of the Realtime International Film Festival (RTF)
Founded in 2016, our vision is “to build a truly International, all-inclusive and remotely accessible Film Festival”. Our core values are Inclusiveness, Collaboration, and equity _ (ICE)
Our corporate VISION is “to become the most acclaimed technology-driven, remotely accessible Festival in Africa with a keen interest in Cultural & Creative Arts".
We believe we have redefined the festival landscape for good, with several timely innovations and interventions.
The 2022 Edition will be a physical edition. It will take place once again in Lagos - Nigeria and will feature our signature Real-time Filmmaking Challenge!
Our MISSION is to champion an Artistic baseline where equity and openness is enhanced among Creative Artists, Filmmakers & Film Enthusiasts; in other words, a platform "Where everyone feels equal"
'Our LANGUAGE is "ART", our MEDIUM is "TECHNOLOGY" and we celebrate the "HUMAN TALENTS" responsible for churning out "ARTISTIC FILMS"
The Festival accepts entries from filmmakers across the world without discrimination. We also offer waivers for submission fees to filmmakers from countries like Iran, Pakistan, and others who can't pay for submissions due to limitations caused by sanctions imposed on their countries.
We celebrate the FILMS (especially Artistic Films) and their MAKERS. We also celebrate and expose current TECHNOLOGIES that affect the art of filmmaking.
We do not seek to be the most glamorous Festival, but rather, "the most Accessible, All-inclusive, Innovative, Eco-friendly, and Technology attentive" Festival in Africa that attracts the world!
For more details, visit our website: http://www.realtimefilmfestival.com
IMPORTANT NOTE (Before you submit)
1. As a festival, we are obliged to screen selected films, but we DO NOT screen any movie outside the submission window for a given edition (year) hence, films submitted in a given year can and shall not be shown at our festival or any related event, afterward, except they are expressly required for a specially curated screening.
2. We often use clips, stills, and photographs from submitted movies for festival-related "visuals" - including posters, banners, and electronic displays - all geared towards promoting and publicizing the festival. We use extracted sequences with a maximum duration of 20 seconds - from submitted films; for the purpose of promotions and publicity as well.
RTF 2022 FESTIVAL REWARDS:
Please read carefully.
Presentation of Awards is based on Submissions in the relevant categories. Awards will NOT be presented in any Category where submissions are not made appropriately before the last deadline.
Films submitted to the NON - COMPETITIVE categories are also not eligible for Awards. These submissions are made by filmmakers who wish to exhibit their films but are not interested in winning awards.
The Realtime Film making Challenge films are expected to be a minimum of five minutes long and must have a great story, beautiful Cinematography, Lighting, and Sound.
A selection of the best movies made during the 20-hour REALTIME FILMMAKING CHALLENGE is showcased exclusively during the closing ceremony each year.
NON COMPETITIVE & FREE TO SUBMIT
1. SHORT FILM / MUSIC FILM SHOWCASE (Non - Competitive & FREE to submit)
2. FEATURE FILM / DOCUMENTARY SHOWCASE (Non - Competitive & FREE to submit)
The Hourglass Awards
(a) THE BIG SEVEN:
1. BEST FESTIVAL THEMED FILM (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
2. BEST DIRECTOR (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
3. BEST SCREENPLAY (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
4. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
5. BEST EDITOR (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
6. BEST LIGHTING DESIGNER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
7. BEST SOUND DESIGNER (COMPETITIVE - THE BIG SEVEN)
(b) COMPETITIVE WITH SUBMISSION - (With applicable fees)
1. BEST DOCUMENTARY - Worldwide (COMPETITIVE)
2. BEST MOVIE BY A FOREIGN FEMALE DIRECTOR / PRODUCER (Non - African) (COMPETITIVE)
3. BEST UNCOMPLETED MOVIE - WORK IN PROGRESS - Movies still in the making (COMPETITIVE)
4. BEST NOLLYWOOD SHORT FILM - New Filmmakers (COMPETITIVE)
5. BEST NOLLYWOOD SHORT FILM - Established Filmmakers (COMPETITIVE)
6. BEST NOLLYWOOD (NIGERIAN) FEATURE FILM (COMPETITIVE)
7. BEST AFRICAN SHORT FILM - For other African Countries except for Nigeria (COMPETITIVE)
8. BEST FOREIGN SHORT FILM - Outside Africa (COMPETITIVE)
9. BEST FOREIGN FEATURE FILM - Outside Africa (COMPETITIVE)
10. BEST MOVIE FROM FRANCOPHONE AFRICA (COMPETITIVE)
11. BEST AFRICAN FEATURE FILM - All other African Countries except Nigeria (COMPETITIVE)
12. BEST MUSIC FILM - Music Videos with great storylines (COMPETITIVE)
13. BEST LEAD ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
14. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
15. BEST LEAD ACTRESS (COMPETITIVE)
16. BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (COMPETITIVE)
17. BEST CHILD ACTOR (COMPETITIVE)
18. BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS / PROSTHETIC MAKE UP (COMPETITIVE)
19. BEST ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (COMPETITIVE)
20. BEST INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION (COMPETITIVE)
21. BEST VISUAL EFFECTS (VFX) (COMPETITIVE)
22. BEST POETRY (COMPETITIVE)
23. BEST SPOKEN WORD (COMPETITIVE)
24. BEST STUDENT FILM - Worldwide (COMPETITIVE)
25. BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY (COMPETITIVE)
26. BEST CELL PHONE / TAB MOVIE (COMPETITIVE)
27. BEST INSPIRATIONAL / CHRISTIAN FILM (COMPETITIVE)
28. BEST INSPIRATIONAL / MUSLIM FILM (COMPETITIVE)
29. BEST 3D MOVIE (COMPETITIVE)
30. FILMS MADE BY A CHILD DIRECTOR AGED 7 - 15
31. BEST FILM MADE "FOR KIDS" - By Any Filmmaker
32. BEST AFRICAN ANIMATION
33. BEST 360 Degree Video
34. BEST ADVERT / COMMERCIAL
35. BEST MOVIE BY AN AFRICAN FEMALE DIRECTOR / PRODUCER
36. BEST REAL-TIME MOVIE (To be shot & completed on the final day of the Festival)
(c) CERTIFICATES FOR TEAMS AT THE REAL-TIME FILM CHALLENGE (Variable each year)
1. Best TEAM (Innovation)
2. Best TEAM (Production ethics)
3. BEST TEAM (Deadline Record Time)
4. Best Behind the scenes edit.
6. Best Production stills
7. Best Movie Title
8. Best lead Actor in a Real-time challenge film
9. Best Supporting Actor in a Real-time challenge film
10. Best lead Actress in a Real-time challenge film
11. Best supporting Actress in a Real-time challenge film
(d) INDUSTRY SPECIALTY AWARDS / PLAQUES (Variable each year)
1. AWARD FOR BEST STUNTS PERSON (Winner & First Runner-up )
2. AWARD FOR BEST REAL-TIME FILM PROJECT (First and Second Runners-up )
3. AWARD FOR BEST PROSTHETIC MAKE-UP SPECIALIST (First Runner-up )
(e) HONORARY MENTIONS (Variable each year)
1. Best Trailer
2. Best P & A and Merchandising
3. Best Technology - Production
4. Best Technology - Post Production
5. Fantastic Brand Support
By submitting to this festival, the submitter acknowledges that their film poster(s), still picture(s), director / producer's picture(s) and excerpts from the movie and its trailer(s) and teaser(s) can be used by the festival organizers to promote the submitted entries and the festival's interest.
Submitted Project files are also archived for Library purposes except a filmmaker requests otherwise; in which case the file is deleted right after it is screened during the festival.
All payments made for IN-COMPETITION submissions are non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RTF DOES NOT PAY FILMMAKERS FOR SCREENING THEIR MOVIES. Submitting to the Festival means that the filmmaker has read through the Rules and Terms, and agrees to them.
For emails relating to submissions, e-mails should be sent to: email@example.com
Official correspondence should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org