Queer Vision Film Festival celebrates LGBTQIA+ storytelling. Based in a Pride Festival in Waterford, Ireland, our exciting programme of short films, documentaries, music videos are presented at a live event in Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford City on the June Bank Holiday weekend.
Pride of the Déise promotes Irish LGBTQIA+ filmmakers and filmmaking talent, bringing their work to the forefront of our online Pride festival this year.
The festival seeks to thematically explore the many facets of queer life, including films that deal with the challenges facing our LGBTQIA+ siblings in Ireland and worldwide.
Best Overall Production,
Best LGBTQIA+ Representation,
Best Irish Production,
1. Pride of the Déise and Queer Vision are presented in association with our sponsor Waterford City and County Council.
2. The aim of Queer Vision is to showcase local, national and international LGBTQIA+ cinema, and to help foster and promote the Irish LGBTQIA+ filmmaking community.
3. Queer Vision is an annual event taking place as part of Pride of the Déise.
4. Short films, documentaries and music videos of any genre or subject matter are open for unsolicited submission to the festival via FilmFreeway.
5. Short films, documentaries and music videos of any genre or subject matter are also selected by invitation by the festival.
6. Entries to Queer Vision must have been produced within the last five years. This is not a prerequisite to selection for the festival.
7. Viewing material is accepted via FilmFreeway.
8. Queer Vision bestows a number of awards at the end of the festival – Best Overall Production, Best LGBTQIA+ Representation, Best Irish Production, Audience Award.
Please note that these awards are symbolic and have no monetary value.
9. All foreign language films that are submitted to the festival must be subtitled in English. Films in the English language should be provided with Closed Captioning for Deaf and hard-of-hearing audience members.
10. Queer Vision Film Festival will not alter selected films in any way for their festival screening.
11. Excerpts from films will only be shown for promotional purposes if permission is obtained from the producer.
12. Queer Vision Film Festival will take place in Garter Lane Arts Centre, 5 O'Connell Street; Waterford on the 3rd June 2022.
13. The deadline for Queer Vision Film Festival is 5pm on May 20th 2022. Films should be submitted online through FilmFreeway. Selection notifications for the festival will be made by June 1st 2021. Screenings will happen on 3th of June 2021 with Awards announced on the day.
14. Submission of a film represents agreement with the regulations set forth here.