The third annual 'Queer' Asia Film Festival invites submissions from a range of film makers including activist groups, academics, professional and amateur filmmakers to be held between 8th - 14th July 2019 at The British Museum and various central London locations.
As an annual celebration of films from across Asia including Asian diasporas QAFF has showcased a wide diversity of films from across Asia including China, India, Thailand, The Philippines, Myanmar, Lebanon, Singapore, and Indonesia in Central London venues including The British Museum, SOAS, University of London, and University College London.
The film festival has grown since 2017 with 11 films to 33 films in 2018 and with 500 footfall to nearly 2500 tickets sold in June 2018. QAFF has included a range of films from short films, features, documentaries, music videos, and performative cinema exploring queer and LGBT content in relation to Asia, Asian Diasporas, and themes relevant to queer struggles globally.
In two short years, QAFF has attracted extensive media coverage including films from the QAFF line up being showcased on TV programmes in the UK such as Brighton TV, and in private screenings at major companies.
1. SUBMITTED FILMS MUST HIGHLIGHT/FOCUS ON ASIAN AND OTHER LGBTQI+ ISSUES. As the theme for the festival, other submissions will not be considered.
2. Films in any language are accepted but should have subtitles in English (if relevant).
3. 'Queer' Asia Film Festival is a NOT FOR PROFIT film festival focused on raising visibility and awareness and therefore DOES NOT OFFER SCREENING FEES to any film, since it invests its limited resources in showcasing all the films to the best possible extent.
4. Filmmaker/ Producer/ Distributor certifies that the person submitting the film holds the rights for submission of film to the festival and will be considered as the original submitter. All correspondence will be done through email ONLY to the original submitter.
5. A submission will be considered complete only after the DOWNLOAD IS ENABLED for the film's preview screener in FilmFreeWay or other accessible links provided.
6. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: February 28, 2019. The Festival will not consider late entries due to volume of submissions.
NOTE: Films are selected for programming only based on their merit. Please do not be persuaded by anyone who claims to have access to the Festival Team / Selection Committee, and asks for monetary or other favours to get your film selected in the festival. The Festival will not be responsible for any such dealings.