Pune International Film Festival (PIFF) was started in 2002 with the idea of building and promoting a healthy film culture in Pune. Our objective is to give film lovers in the city access to global cinema and spark a cultural exchange. With discussions, lectures and master classes on varied topics related to the craft, we try to instill an academic flavor in the festival.
Every edition of PIFF has a unique contemporary theme. Through categories like World Competition, Marathi Competition, Global Cinema, Country Focus and Retrospective, we bring forth quality films from various countries and cultures. An acclaimed international jury decides awards for films in the competitive sections.
The Government of Maharashtra recognized PIFF as its official festival in 2010. PIFF is the only festival that gives international recognition to Marathi cinema. Every year, PIFF continues to grow with the participation of more and more accomplished film personalities, emerging filmmakers and film enthusiasts.
1. Government of Maharashtra “Prabhat” Best International Film in world cinema competition section, a cash prize of '10, 00,000/- (' Ten Lacs) equally divided between the Director and Producer. The Best Film Trophy will be given to the producer of the film.
2. Government of Maharashtra "Prabhat" Best International Film Director in world cinema competition section, a cash prize of '.5, 00,000/- ('.Five Lacs) along with the trophy.
3. Special Jury Award [non cash]: The Jury will decide the categories in world Cinema.
1. Film must be a feature film of minimum 70 minutes in length.
2. Film must be produced between 1st January, 2019 and 15th November, 2020.
3. Film must have Censorship visa / certificate of the country where the film has been produced.
4. Film screened in earlier editions of “PIFF” is not eligible.
5. Film must not have been previously screened publicly in Pune or released ( DVD/Blu ray or television or internet broadcast).
6. Dubbed/ remade versions are not eligible for entry.
7. Maximum of three entries would be allowed from an applicant.
8. All entries must be either in English or with English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without English subtitles are not eligible.
9. Promotional, educational, Student and documentary films are not eligible for submission.
10. The last date for receipt of applications along with preview DVD or link with password is 15th November, 2020; if it is a holiday, the next working day will be treated as the last date for receipt of entry. Applications received after the last date would be rejected.