NPS MedicineWise is excited to partner with American Express Openair Cinemas to create ‘Preserve the Power,’ a short film competition dedicated to raising awareness of the global issue of antibiotics resistance.
To fulfill entry requirements, please complete the competition entry form on the NPS MedicineWise site at www.nps.org.au/preservethepower.
If you have any questions about your concept, you are welcome to contact us so that we can offer any support or feedback to your creative idea.
Juliet Pisani-Forde: (02) 8217 8249 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards & Prizes
$10,000 in prize money is up for grabs for two first-place winners!
1st Prize Under 18s: $5,000
1st Prize Over 18s: $5,000
Rules & Terms
• To register for this competition you must fill in your basic information and agree to the terms and conditions at www.nps.org.au/preservethepower
• You must also include your film title and full name upon submitting your video.
• Your short film can be up to 30 seconds in length.
• You can film on anything from your Smartphone to HD broadcast quality cameras, or you can create a motion graphics piece.
• You can create a horror, comedy, documentary, musical or drama style piece, as long as the message is relayed.
• You may enter as many short films as you like until November 30 2017.
• To submit your short films you must upload them to FilmFreeway at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/PreservethePower and list your full name and state (NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS, NT) and tag @npsmedicinewise and #PreserveThePower
• You must deliver messages in line with the NPS MedicineWise Antibiotic Resistance: The Facts Key Messages
• Your submission must not contain any offensive or illegal content.
#PRESERVETHEPOWER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE #PRESERVETHEPOWER FILM COMPETITION
OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The #PRESERVETHEPOWER Competition (Competition) is organised by National Prescribing Service, known as NPS MedicineWise (Promoter), partnered with Openair Cinemas (collectively Partners). The Competition begins on 13 October 2017 at 7:00am AEST and ends on 30 November 2017 at 5:00pm AEST.
2. Entries will be open from the time the Competition begins at 7:00am AEST on 13 October 2017 and will close at 5:00pm AEST on 30 November 2017 (Entry Period)
3. During the Entry Period, entrants to the Competition (Entrants) must create at least one (1) wholly original film (Film), no longer than 30 seconds, inspired by the issues covered in the Filmmakers Brief (Brief), available here.
4. Information on entry and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. Submission of a Film is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on skill, creativity and originality, as well as adherence to the Brief, as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
6. There are three stages of entry to the NPS #PreserveThePower competition.
7. Stage One: an Entrant must read and agree to comply with these terms and conditions of entry.
8. Stage Two: an Entrant must make a wholly original short film (Film) in accordance with the Filmmakers Brief, available here, and upload that Film to FilmFreeway.
The chosen account must be public so that the entry can be deemed suitable for entry. The Film must be uploaded to FilmFreeway using the hashtag “#PreserveThePower” (the Competition Hashtag).
9. Stage Three: an Entrant must fill out the entry form available here which will ask for contact details, acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry and the url of the entry made for the competition.
10. Upon submission, your Film must adhere to the following minimum specifications:
-Duration: Up to 0:00:30
-Video Tracks: H.264 1920x1080 PAL 25fps 15mbps
-Audio Tracks: Audio stereo, 48 kHz, 255 kbps
-Aspect ratio: 16:9 (letterboxing or pillarboxing accepted)
Additionally, you will be asked to provide the Promoter (upon request) with entry materials that may include, but are not limited to the following:
- A final digital file of your Film (ProRes/Uncompressed Quicktime 1920x1080 PAL 25fps)
- A minimum of two (2) electronic, landscape promotional photo stills related to the Film (jpg 300dpi).
- A full list of Cast and Crew involved in your Film.
- Signed release forms for all works in which copyright exists.
- Written permission for all music in your Film, including a completed Music Cue Sheet
11. By uploading a Film to one of the eligible social media Platforms and using the Competition Hashtags, the Entrant is agreeing to these terms and conditions. The Promoter may disallow any entry for non-compliance with these terms and conditions at its sole discretion.
12. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period.
Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
13. The Competition is open to Australian residents of any age who are not an employee or family member of the Promoter, affiliate partner of the Promoter or any person who the Promoter has previously notified is not permitted to enter the Promoter’s competitions.
14. Each Film submitted by an Entrant must not be longer than one video, which is thirty (30) seconds or less in duration.
15. There is no limit to the number of films that an Entrant may submit to the Competition.
16. The Film must be the Entrant’s original, previously unpublished work and the Entrant must own all rights to the material, and the Film should not contain any third party copyrighted material, nor any obscene, defamatory or illegal material (see clauses 29 a-b and 30 a-f).
17. Each Film submitted by an Entrant must represent the issues raised in the Brief, in a way that is apparent to the Promoter, at the Promoter’s discretion.
JUDGING OF THE FILMS
18. Each Film submitted to the Competition will first be moderated by the Promoter, before appearing on the Openair Cinemas screens. This could take up to 48 hours.
19. Once the Film appears on the Openair Cinemas screens, it will become available for public viewing when cinemagoers attend each Openair Cinemas session.
20. At the end of the Entry Period, the Promoter will select up to thirty (30) Films, as determined by the judging process, to form a shortlist of films (Shortlist).
21. Each Entrant on the Shortlist will be contacted via the Promoter to verify their eligibility. After all eligible shortlisted entrants have been identified, the Promoter will then appoint a panel of judges (Jury) to determine the winning Film. Judging will take place after the Entry Period.
22. On 25 February, 2018 the Jury will select two of the Shortlisted Films as the overall winners of the Competition (Winner) based on skill, creativity, originality and on how well the entry adhered to the Brief. The Winner will be contacted on 26 February, 2018 by the Promoter. Winner’s name will also be published on the Competition Website and Winner will be awarded the prize (Winner Award).
23. The Promoter’s decision regarding both the Shortlist and the two Winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. If the Winners fail to satisfy any or all of the terms and conditions of the Competition the Promoter may choose to award the Winners Award to other Entrants.
25. The two Winners (one under 18 and one over 18) will receive:
A Cash Prize of AUD$5,000 each (five thousand dollars only).
26. In the event that the recipient of the Winner Award is under the age of eighteen (18), such Winner Award will be made payable to the parent, custodian or legal guardian of such recipient.
27. Any prizes awarded are not transferable or exchangeable.
LEGAL THINGS YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF
28. The Promoter of the Competition is NPS MedicineWise, ABN 61 082 034 393) of Level 7, 418A Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 and includes its related and subsidiary companies, its officers, agents, representatives, employees and assigns, and any sponsors or advertising agencies involved in the Competition.
You are providing your information to the Promoter. Entrants completely release the Partner(s) from any and all liability in connection with this Competition.
29. When you submit the Film to the Competition Website, you agree to license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast and display the Film for any purpose whatsoever, including commercial purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability; and in addition:
a. You acknowledge that the Promoter, its assignees and licensees, may do or omit to do anything which may infringe any and all moral rights granted to the Entrant including to edit, alter and/or reproduce the work of the Entrant, and the Entrant consents to these actions by the Promoter, and its assignees and licensees, in any manner or context, in perpetuity throughout the world, and such consent is given to the full extent permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth);
b. You warrant that you own all rights in the Film and have the full authority to grant the license set out in this clause;
30. You warrant and agree that:
a. You will not submit a Film in which you do not own all rights, or which is unlawful or fraudulent, or in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights;
b. You will not submit a Film that is defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, damaging to the reputation of the Promoter, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. You will only submit a Film owned by you which has been created for the purpose of this Competition and has not been submitted in any other competition;
d. You will obtain full prior consent from any person who has any rights in the Film, to the uses and terms herein;
e. The Film shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
f. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
31. Without limiting any other terms herein, you hereby indemnify the Promoter and its Partner(s) for a breach of any warranty contained within these terms and conditions, including those set out herein.
32. The Entrant must provide, on request, all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Film, including releases from all persons referenced to, described in, appearing in the Film. In the event an Entrant cannot provide all required releases, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Film, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for the Promoter’s benefit, or allow the Film to remain in Competition.
33. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) howsoever caused which is suffered or incurred by the Entrant or any entrant in connection with the Competition
34. You must not do, or refrain from doing, any act, which will harm the reputation of the Competition or the Promoter.
35. You consent to the Promoter using your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of you) and the materials/entries submitted by you to participate in the Competition in any media at any time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
36. Your personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s) and, may be used to market Promoter and third party products to you. The personal information of the Winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. You may contact the Promoter via email@example.com to request access to, or corrections of, any of your collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If you do not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that you are not eligible to win a prize.
37. You hereby agree to execute any additional document the Promoter deems necessary or convenient to fully effectuate the Competition, which shall include without limitation, any documents necessary to register and protect the copyright and/or other intellectual property rights in, or related to, the Film.