The Portland Comedy Film Festival is a theatrical screening event on the Film Festival Circuit for international independent comedy films that also recognizes funniest comedy screenplays. A live outdoor Film Festival event at the Sunshine Mill Winery And Drive-Up Theater in The Dalles, Oregon (about 85 miles away from the Portland Airport) The state of Oregon is known for being a laid back, fun place, with lots to do outside. Whether it’s the nature experience, the arts or the wonderful food options, if you haven’t visited at least once, perhaps it’s time you came out here! The first event was held in 2017 and has been ranked in the FilmFreeway Top 100 with 80+ Five Star reviews. This event was founded by author and retired filmmaker Mikel Fair who worked on location in the Film and Television industry from 1999-2015 while based in Houston, Texas. Mikel and his wife Brooke moved to Portland in 2015 and have been hosting this independent film showcase twice per year. It’s fun to watch and enjoy this program of short comedy films in a "back to back" format in HD 1080p. The Portland Comedy Film Festival has nearly 100 active judges. All types of comedy submissions are selected and screened including TV Pilots, Funny Music Videos, Web Series Episodes, Dark Comedy, Romantic Comedy, Mockumentary, TV Pilots, Commercials, Micro Films, Animated Comedy, Horror Comedy, Stand-up Comedy, Sketch Comedy, and any other type of Comedy that you can think of. The judges are looking for films that generate laughter in a fun, fast paced program at a great venue. Come laugh with us in Oregon.
Missed the deadline? No worries, get a deadline waiver and save 20% on submission fees.
We now host a free weekly virtual networking event on Wednesdays where you can meet potentially meet directors, screenwriters, cast, crew, distributors, investors and film industry professionals and discuss your future projects.
Our panel of 12 judges will give out 34 different awards:
1) Best Actor Award
2) Best Actress Award
3) Best Animated Film Award
4) Best Cinematography Award
5) Best Comedy Film Award
6) Best Comedy Micro Short Film Award
7) Best Dark Comedy Film Award
8) Best Dark Comedy Micro Short Film Award
9) Best Director Award
10) Best Editing Award
11) Best Ensemble Cast Award
12) Best Horror Comedy Film Award
13) Best Horror Comedy Micro Film Award
14) Best International Director Award
15) Best International Film Award
16) Best Mockumentary Film Award
17) Best Romantic Comedy Film Award
18) Best Oregon Comedy Film Award
19) Best Washington Film Award Nominations
20) Funniest Music Video Award
21) Most Original Concept Award
Pilots, TV, Episodic, Series
1) Best Comedy Series Episode
2) Best Dark Comedy Series Episode
3) Best Romantic Comedy Series Episode
Screenplays & Teleplays:
1) Best Comedy Feature Length Screenplay Award Nominations
2) Best Comedy Short Screenplay Award Nominations
3) Best Dark Comedy Feature Length Screenplay Award Nominations
4) Best Dark Comedy Short Screenplay Award Nominations
5) Best International Feature Length Screenplay Award Nominations
6) Best International Short Screenplay Award Nominations
7) Best Romantic Comedy Feature Length Screenplay Award Nominations
8) Best Romantic Comedy Short Screenplay Award Nominations
9) Best Oregon Feature Length Screenplay Award Nominations
10) Best Oregon Short Screenplay Award Nominations
11) Best TV Episode Full Length Teleplay Award Nominations
12) Best TV Episode Short Teleplay Award Nominations
All films are eligible, regardless if they have distribution or not. All films are eligible even if they have been accepted to other film festivals. All films and videos are eligible, regardless of when or where they were produced. Even if your film or documentary series is publicly available on YouTube or Vimeo, it is still eligible for submission. For exhibition purposes. all films are expected to provide a download link, so that we can compile and project them in HD 1080p. 23.976, 24, 25 or 30 frame rates are accepted for projection. Please do not submit 720p or Standard Definition films to this festival.
The submission fee does not include an event ticket fee if selected. Submission fees and event ticket fees are separate. The cost of attending this event is $25 for the entire day. Every attendee must have a ticket. There are no filmmaker passes.
The judges read and rate scripts for this specific competition only. Submitting to this film festival does not affect the ownership or copyright your screenplay or teleplay.