𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗠𝗗𝗯-𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗣𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗢𝗡
𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝘁𝘆𝗹𝗲, 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲, 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀, 𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽. We don't care what the starting budget is, or what biggest star act in it: 𝘸𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘢.
Our logo represents a "Pino loricato", a special kind of pine tree that only grows on our mountains: the shape of this tree is the result of the resistance to any kind of wind or harsh climate. That's what we expect from the films that we're going to select in our competition.
The first two editions of our festival were a great success. The small city of Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria's hills, reacted very well to the screening. We had a crowded cinema full of people that were keenly interested in the films and gave us a nice Q&A session.
We're looking forward for an even bigger 3rd edition!
If you think you can qualify to be one of the next generation of cinema authors, submit! Screenings will take place in the 20th february 2021 at Cinema Atomic Café in Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria, where the best coffee in the world is made.
𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗼 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗶 - 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝘆
𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗼 𝗟𝗮 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 - 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿
𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮 𝗚𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗼𝘀 - 𝗝𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿
Producer of Il Varco, Director, Cinematographer
• PRISMA Film Awards
• Il Varco International Short Film Festival
• Pollino Film Fest
• Desenzano Film Fest
• Scario Film Fest
• Short Days
• Castrovillari Film Festival
Winning films will be suggested to the jurors of the partner festivals.
𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗛 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗘𝗦
• Best of Fest (Best Short film among all categories) € 300 cash prize and trophy
• Best Short Screenplay € 100 cash prize and trophy
• Best Feature Screenplay € 100 cash prize and trophy
• Best Italian Short Film
• Best Calabria Short Film
• Best Short Documentary
• Best Animation Film
• Best Music Video
• Best Director
• Best Screenwriter
• Best Leading Actor
• Best Leading Actress
• Best Cinematographer
• Best Editor
• Best Original Score
Winning films will be screened in Feb 20th 2021 in Cinema Atomic Café, Castrovillari.
• Short films, animation films and short docs must be under 45 minutes of lenght.
• Music videos must be under 10'.
• Screenplays must be under 120 pages of length.
• Short film with languages other than English or Italian must be subtitled in English. In case of selection, we will require italian subtitles.
• Short films must be shot after 1/1/2016
• Author must declare to possess all right to screen the short movie.
• By submitting you agree to share your data (email) to our partner festivals.
Response from festival:
It is really pitiful to give a bad review only because you did not win... You don't understand the amount of work that we put into our competition and the care we have for the awards and selection, and if you read the call you would know that you are the one who did not understand how it worked and not vice-versa. There was also a review from last year's participants that had your same doubt but was correct and thoroughly read everything.
We wanted to support your work, but thank you for damaging us for no reason in response and good luck for your future.