We are looking for new international authors that make independent cinema with style, language, aesthetics, ideas and authorship. We don't care what the starting budget is, or what biggest star act in it: we just care about pure cinema.
The first edition of our festival was a great success. The small city of Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria's hills, reacted very well to the screening. We had a crowded cinema full of people that were keenly interested in the films and gave us a nice Q&A session.
We're looking forward for an even bigger 2nd edition!
If you think you can qualify to be one of the next generation of cinema authors, submit! Screenings will take place in the 27th of december 2019 at Cinema Atomic Café in Castrovillari, in the heart of Calabria, where the best coffee in the world is made.
Our logo represents a "Pino loricato", a special kind of pine tree that only grows on our mountains: the shape of this tree is the result of the resistance to any kind of wind or harsh climate.
Antonio Romagnoli - President of the Jury
Alessandro D'Orazio - Juror
Writer, Screenwriter, Film Critic. His magazine won "Best Italian Film Critic Online Magazine of 2015"
Antonio La Camera - Juror
Director of photography, Director, Producer
This film festival is partnered with:
PRISMA Film Awards
Il Varco International Short Film Festival
Pollino Film Fest
Desenzano Film Fest
Winning films will be suggested to the jurors of the partner festivals.
AWARDS AND CASH PRIZES
• Best of Fest (Best Short film among all categories) € 300 cash prize
• Best Italian Short Film
• Best Calabria Short Film
• Best Short Documentary
• Best Animation Film
• Best Music Video
• Best Short Screenplay € 100
• Best Plot / Synopsis €100
• Best Director
• Best Screenwriter
• Best Leading Actor
• Best Leading Actress
• Best Cinematographer
• Best Editor
• Best Original Score
Winning films will be screened in Dec 27th 2018 in Cinema Atomic Café, Castrovillari.
• Short films, animation films and short docs must be under 45 minutes of lenght.
• Music videos must be under 10'.
• Plot or synopsis must be under 20 pages of lenght.
• Screenplays must be under 120 pages of length.
• Short film with languages other than English or Italian must be subtitled in English. In case of selection, we will require italian subtitles.
• Short films must be shot after 1/1/2016
• Author must declare to possess all right to screen the short movie.
• By submitting you agree to share your data (email) to our partner festivals.