Ploiesti International Film Festival is an independent festival which celebrates genre short films and its official competition consists of the latest Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Thriller International and Romanian short film productions.
Besides special screenings and masterclasses, 5 non-competitive sections spice up our programme: Dark Comedy, Lovestory Special, War Zone, Destination Unknown and Genre Animation.
PIFF Trophy for the best genre short film (1.000 euro);
Audience Choice Award (500 euro).
1. Ploiesti International Film Festival is organized by Helen Film®.
2. Every year PIFF brings to screen the newest and most captivating short films from around the world. It has become one of the most relevant cultural events in Ploieşti.
3. The 7th edition of the Festival will take place in Ploiești from November 22nd to November 25th 2018.
4. Only short films produced after the 1st of January 2017 can participate at the Festival.
5. The submitted films will be viewed by the Festival’s selection committee.
6. The Festival’s 7th edition program includes:
- The Official Genre Competition (dedicated to fantasy, thriller, horror and science-fiction short films);
- Dark Comedy (off-competition section dedicated to dark comedies);
- War Zone (off-competition section dedicated to short films about war and revolution);
- Lovestory Special (off-competition section dedicated to unusual love stories);
- Destination Unknown (new off-competition section dedicated to road movies);
- Genre Animation (new off-competition section dedicated to fantasy, thriller, horror and science-fiction animated short films);
7. The Jury and Awards:
The members of the Jury will be announced until the 1st of November 2018. It will comprise a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 personalities from the international film world.
A maximum of 20 short films will be selected in the official competition.
At the end of each competition slot, the audience will have the possibility to choose their favorite film, using the special coupons received at the entrance in the cinema.
The money will be granted 50% to the director of the film and 50% to the producer (production company) of the film.
The Jury may also award a maximum of two special mentions. They have no financial prize attached.
8. Submission criteria:
- the film must be in a digital format;
- the maximum duration of the films is 40 minutes;
- the deadline for submissions is September 30th 2018 and the result of the selection will be made public mid-October 2018;
- the Festival reserves the right to dismiss films even after the final selection is made public if the films are posted publicly online;
- there are no restrictions regardind the status of the premiere;
- all participants will receive an official notification by e-mail, regardless the result of the selection;
- the selected participants will be required to send in additional materials about their films for the Festival’s catalogue and press materials, as well as screening copies, no later than the 30th of September 2018;
- no film selected may be withdrawn from the Festival program;
9. The Festival reserves the right to use excerpts from the films selected for the competition or the off competition programs (no longer than 3 minutes) or stills from the films for promotion on PIFF’s website and social networks or for the materials of its media partners.
The Festival will not use the materials for commercial purposes.
10. PIFF reserves the right to include all the films screened during the festival in its Archive, that will be available exclusively to the organizers of the Festival.
Also, PIFF reserves the right to use the films for various screenings after the end of the festival. The films will only be used for these screenings after prior notification of the director/producer by the Festival’s organizers.
11. PIFF invites the directors of the films selected in the competition or in the off-competition sections to Ploiești for the duration of the Festival. The Festival provides accommodation, but does not cover for the travel expenses.
For more information:
phone: +40 736417671