Ploiesti International Film Festival is an independent festival which celebrates genre short films and its official competition consists of the latest Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Thriller productions.
Besides special screenings and workshops, 2 non-competitive sections spice up our program: Dark Comedy Movies and Lovestory Special Films.
PIFF Trophy for the best genre short film (1.000 dollars)
Audience Choice Award (500 dollars)
1. Ploiesti International Film Festival is organized by Helen Film®.
2. Every year PIFF brings to screen the newest and most captivating short films from around the world. It has become one of the most relevant cultural events in Ploieşti.
3. The 7th edition of the Festival will take place in Ploiesti from December 15 to December 18, 2018.
4. Only short films produced after the 1st of January 2017 can participate in the Festival.
5. The submitted films will be viewed by the Festival’s selection committee.
6. The Festival’s 7th edition program includes:
- The Competition (dedicated to fantasy, thriller, horror and science-fiction short films);
- Dark Comedy Movies (off-competition section dedicated to dark comedies);
- Lovestory Special Films (off-competition section dedicated to unusual love stories);
7. The Jury and Awards:
The members of the Jury will be announced a week until the date of the Festival. It will comprise a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 personalities from the international film world.
A maximum of 20 short films will be selected in the official competition.
At the end of each competition slot, the audience will have the possibility to choose their favorite film, using the special coupons received at the entrance in the cinema.
The money will be granted 50% to the director of the film and 50% to the producer (production company) of the film.
The Jury will also decide The Best Director and may give a Special Mention. They have no financial prize attached.
8. Submission criteria:
- the film must be in a digital format;
- the maximum duration of the films is 40 minutes;
- the deadline for submissions is September 30, 2018
- the Festival reserves the right to dismiss films even after the final selection is made public if the films are posted publicly online;
- there are no restrictions regardind the status of the premiere;
- all participants will receive an official notification by e-mail, regardless the result of the selection;
- the selected participants will be required to send additional materials about their films for the Festival’s catalogue and press materials, as well as screening copies, no later than a week before the Festival;
- no film selected may be withdrawn from the Festival program;
9. The Festival reserves the right to use excerpts from the films selected for the competition or the off competition programs (no longer than 10% of the film) or stills from the films for promotion on PIFF’s website and social networks or for the materials of its media partners.
The Festival will not use the materials for commercial purposes.
10. PIFF reserves the right to include all the films screened during the festival in its Archive, that will be available exclusively to the organizers of the Festival.
Also, PIFF reserves the right to use the films for various screenings after the end of the festival. The films will only be used for these screenings after prior notification of the director/producer by the Festival’s organizers.
11. PIFF invites the directors of the films selected in the competition or in the off-competition sections to Ploiești for the duration of the Festival. The Festival provides accommodation, but does not cover for the travel expenses.
For more information:
phone: +40 736417671