The festival will take place in April 2019, from 2:00 PM Friday 19 April to 4:00 PM Sunday 21 April. The Pittsburgh Horror Film Festival intends to provide a stage for all film makers to display their work.
Due to increased room and time we GUARANTEE that all films submitted will be shown.
XXX pornography is not included.
We will run films for 50 straight hours. Our hope is to be able to run as many of your films as possible.
We will feature films in the horror genre, but all films submitted will be given equal consideration.
The festival will be held at the beautiful Parkway Theater. http://www.mckeesrocks.com/parkway-theater/
The Pittsburgh Horror Film Festival is hosted by ColdFront Productions
Best of Show awards will be given for Movie, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress
Any film submitted that has a running time of less than 60 minutes including titles, credits etc. will be considered a short film
Any film submitted that has a running time of no less than 60 minutes but no more than 180 minutes. will be considered a feature length film
1. Entries must be postmarked by the deadline date. Entries post-marked after that deadline date will not be considered for the program.
2. All works must be submitted on DVD (region 1 or 0) for pre-screening. Please do not send film reels or promotional material.
3. Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send self addressed stamped envelopes.
4. There is no “ Completed After…” requirement and no limit to where or when the film may have been presented or shown previously.
5. Works in progress WILL be accepted for submission. Please include information as to what still needs to be completed (color correction, score, etc.) with the submitted DVD.
6. If you want to replace your original submission with an upgraded version, you must submit a new DVD clearly labeled with the entry number and "Replacement Copy". Any judging that was done with the original submission will not be discarded. Any future judging will be done with the new copy.
7. The Pittsburgh Horror Film Festival does not present sponsored works (such as training films or commercials produced for client). Only independently produced films and videos are appropriate for this competition. Artists must have final creative control over their work to be eligible.
8. Please make sure to read all of the terms and conditions.
9. All works selected must be available in finished form by Feb 25, 2019 to be considered for inclusion in the festival.
10. You will not receive style points for fancy packaging. It is wasteful and costly to send DVDs in hard plastic covers. We encourage you to ship everything in paper sleeves.
11. Any prizes or awards due to any entry will be presented to the person or entity who submitted that entry.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories :
Feature Length Film, Short Film, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress
The above awards will be determined by the festival staff.
There will be an award ceremony one hour after the last films are shown.
All entries received during the Early Bird period, now until Sept 30 are GUARRANTEED tp be accepted
Entries cannot be returned.
Entry submission fees are non-refundable.