PICTURE'S UP! is a celebration of filmmakers featuring three days of screenings, mixers, Q&A sessions, parties, and a closing night red carpet awards ceremony where the Best of Fest Film receives a $500 grand prize. We encourage all filmmakers to attend multiple screenings and all of our social events to get to know their fellow filmmakers, you never know when you might be meeting your next collaborator!
**We're very excited to announce that this year's Celebrity Guest Judge is VINCENT D'ONOFRIO! Along with judging he will be in person to present our Grand Prize at our Closing Night Awards Ceremony!!**
We know it's easier than ever to get your work out there. The important thing is who's watching it. PICTURE'S UP! is designed to provide maximum exposure for filmmakers. We want to get your work in front of people who can help you take the next step in your career. We have a diverse group of judges from all aspects of the film industry: managers, agents, producers, filmmakers and actors will all view your work.
Submit your short films under 35 minutes in any of the following genres:
Animation, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi/Horror, Student, Pilot
Discounted rate for STUDENTS and special Student film Category.
Special PILOT competition for television pilots under 60 minutes!
All screenings are FREE and the festival will be attended by press and Industry VIPs, including a very special celebrity judge!
Best of Festival - $500 PRIZE
Best Comedy Short
Best Drama Short
Best Sci-Fi / Horror Short
Best TV Pilot
Best Animated Short
Best Director - Winner receives 1 on 1 consultation with Industry Professional in their field
Best Screenplay - Winner receives 1 on 1 consultation with Industry Professional in their field
Best Performance by an Actor - Winner receives 1 on 1 consultation with Industry Professional in their field
Best Performance by an Actress - Winner receives 1 on 1 consultation with Industry Professional in their field
Best Cinematography - Winner receives 1 on 1 consultation with Industry Professional in their field
All nominees will be receiving a package of perks and gifts from our exciting partners!
1. Submission Format
* Films must be submitted via online screener ONLY. We DO NOT accept DVD screeners. * Vimeo or YouTube links are preferred.
* Only one version of the film will be reviewed by programmers - updated cuts will not be reviewed.
2. Submission Eligibility
* All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2016.
* There is no premiere policy - we accept films that have screened at other festivals or online
3. Submission Fee
*All submissions for PUFF are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. Submission fees are non-refundable.
4. Selection of Films
*Submissions are reviewed by a panel of judges and selected under the following criteria:
- Quality of narrative and production values.
- Independent nature of the production.
* PUFF endeavors to complete all selection procedures by March 15, 2020 and inform all submitting parties if their film has been accepted or not after that time. Successful submissions will receive a Filmmaker Festival Kit that will include information on press and publicity, screener requirements, contact information and how to make the most of participating in the Festival.
6. Festival Screenings - selected films ONLY
* PUFF aspires to provide the most quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection during screenings, nor will fees be refunded in any such case. PUFF assumes that the submitting party or filmmaker(s) has spot checked the submission.
7. Scheduling - selected films ONLY
* Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of PUFF. Every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule however PUFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. PUFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
8. Promotion - selected films ONLY
*Selected films must acknowledge that PUFF reserves the right to promote the films using both images and video that you provide.