**** Avail 50% DISCOUNT exclusively on FilmFreeway valid till 18th August 2020. Use the Waiver Code - 020PIFF2DC****, Valid till 20th August 2020.
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of our Festivals operations for this COVID 19 issue. Festival team along with Honourable juries remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this current situation is over.
Welcome to Pattaya International Film Festival!
We aim to create a community of independent film-makers and an environment where we can celebrate independent film and our submitters’ creations. We pride ourselves on being an international film festival. We aspire to promote, recognize and support independent filmmakers throughout the world by hosting a variety of awards to provide the best opportunities for filmmakers and help them receive their deserved recognition. We welcome submissions from a range of genres including short films, documentaries, features, animations, and screenplays.
Pattaya international film festival is an extraordinary event held in the Pattaya region, the region of festivity and carnivalesque.
We have built a small but exceptional professional network of industry professional that will look at all films and will give business and commercial advice, in some cases the distributors attending will make offers to the filmmakers for their work and to work together to put your movies in the market place, we have the people and skills in our professional team to make this happen, if the professional attending feel there is a market for your movie, they will as with many films over the years of our other festival make it happen.
The officially selected project in each season receives PIFF laurel and certificate. All seasonal Award Winners receive laurel and customized certificate.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Narrative Feature (>40 mins)
Short Film (<40 mins)
Besides the CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Pattaya International Film Festival (PIFF) you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
PIFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the PIFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. The festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
5. The film submitted to the PIFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
6. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
7. A nominee will be privately screened for the PIFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
9. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.