WE ACCEPT FILMS THAT WERE COMPLETED AFTER JANUARY 2016.
The Paphos International Film Festival (PIFF) is an annual festival held every year in Paphos in the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.
PIFF is committed to supporting authentically independent SHORT films and it aims to research, promote and develop the art of independent film making. We support low (or no) budget films because we strongly believe that they are worth a chance. PIFF aims to become a platform giving a voice to directors and filmmakers who work with very little but have a lot to give.
The program includes screenings of short films from Cyprus and abroad as well workshops, master classes and lectures. Our categories include films up to 20 minutes from Cypriot and International filmmakers, student films up to 15 minutes (both Cypriot and international) and every year we have a special category dealing with a specific issue.
The festival focuses on community, inclusivity and (of course) good times. It aims to travel across borders in order to develop a spirit of friendship and cooperation with filmmakers from Cyprus and from all over the world.
- The best short film from each category will be voted from the audience
- Early bird entries to all Short Film categories are $2 (until October 21, 2017).
- Regular Deadline entry fees for all Short Film categories are $5 (until March 21, 2018)
- Late entries fees for all Short Film categories are $10 (until May 21, 2018)
- The festival is open to short films of maximum 20 minutes in length (fiction and documentary) and student short film of maximum 15 minutes in length.
- All submitted films must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images.
- We do NOT accept films that require a screening fee.
- Do not send us links to fully download your film. We do not have the capacity to download thousands of films. Submit your film and we will watch it on the FilmFreeway player, Vimeo, Youtube, etc.
- short films up to 20 minutes from Cypriot filmmakers (fiction and documentary)
- short films up to 20 minutes from International filmmakers (fiction and documentary)
- student short films up to 15 minutes from Cypriot and International students (fiction and documentary)
- special category short films up to 20 minutes from Cypriot and International filmmakers (fiction and documentary)
Selection and Notification
- Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival before the festival begins.
- Selected films should be submitted as MP4 files. There is no need for DVDs (we prefer the paperless, Eco-friendly world)
- To help promote the festival, we reserve the right for the reproduction of stills from submitted films for festival publications, flyers and programme, on line and print press and the Paphos International Film Festival website.
- We also reserve the right to broadcast clips of all films submitted to the festival, on the PIFF website, PIFF Vimeo channel and in the PIFF festival trailer.