**OFFICIAL SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 4TH EDITION OF PAPAYA ROCKS FILM FESTIVAL IS 10TH JANUARY 2022**
Now in its 4th year Papaya Rocks Film Festival has grown in scale and scope yet and we continue to provide a platform for up and coming indie filmmakers, giving them a chance to get their distinctive voices heard. The night was also a fantastic opportunity for the young talent to network and gain some much-needed exposure in the independent film scene.
“We wanted to make this edition of the festival bigger by making sure that we give each of our selected filmmakers an unforgettable experience of having their films seen in London. For the Papaya Rocks Film Festival team the months of planning the festival have allowed us to connect with the filmmakers in such a unique way.
This connection has helped to create a community that will continue to share, encourage and support each other as these inspiring and passionate filmmakers take the next steps on their filmmaking journey.” programmer, Niger Asije
PRFF 2021 Winners:
£1000 Jury Award Best Film: STRAY dir. Wanjiru Njendu & BULLDOG dir. Kieran Sringfellow
£500 Best Student Film: POLARIS dir. Ellen Gordon
£500 Best Animation: GRANDAD WAS A ROMANTIC dir. Maryam Mohajer
Best Micro-Short: The Last Oak dir. Annabel Vine
Best Debut: ROUND ROUND BABY ROUND ROUND dir. Toby Parker Rees
Best Director: Ivory Campbell - AS WE FELL INTO THE SUN
Best Screenplay: INFLUENCERS ANONYMOUS writer: James Vincent
Best Cinematography: Catherine Derry, JOANNIE
Best Screenplay: MY BROTHER JUAN, dir. Christina Martin & Maia José Martin Barcelona
Submit your film now to be in for the chance to win one of the following awards:
Jury Award Best Film
Best Music Video
Best Student Film
For the 3rd Edition of Papaya Rocks Film Festival we will have TWO cash Prizes:
£1000 Jury Award Best Film
£500 Best Student Film
£500 Best Animation
Rules & Terms:
To submit a film to Papaya Rocks Film Festival you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROJECT
Categories for Entry:
Short Film (Max 5-10 Minutes Including credits)
Micro Shorts (Max 2-3 Minutes Including credits)
Animation (Max 5-10 Minutes Including credits)
Student Film (Max 5-10 Minutes Including credits)
Documentary (Max 10 Minutes Including credits)
Experimental Film (Max 5 Minutes Including credits)
Music Video (Max 7 Minutes Including credits)
1. All films submitted to Papaya Rocks Film Festival must have been completed after 1 January 2020.
- There is no premiere policy for short films.
- Work-in-progress projects are accepted.
2. Any foreign films must include English subtitles.
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. Student filmmakers must submit their Student ID in order to benefit from our Full Student Waiver.
- Graduate films are accepted (.
5. All films officially selected to Papaya Rocks Film Festival are eligible for competition prizes.
6. Any misuse of Discount or Fee Waiver codes will lead to films being disqualified from Papaya Rocks Film Festival.
7. All submission fees for Papaya Rocks Film Festival are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform.
8. Selected films must acknowledge that Papaya Rocks Film Festival reserves the right to promote the films on Papaya Rocks website and social media channels using both images and video that you provide.
- ALL films must have trailers that the festival can use to promote across social media platforms.
9. No film may be withdrawn from the festival programme after its selection.
- If, after you have submitted your film, the Premiere Status of your film changes rendering it no longer available for at least UK Premiere please let us know immediately.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY:
10. Selected films MUST provide a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or video file (.mov or .mp4). in order to be screened at the Papaya Rocks Film Festival. - A selected DCP or video file must be received at Papaya Rocks Film Festival no later than THIRTY DAYS prior to the festival date.
11. Criteria for Papaya Rocks Film Festival: Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway by online screener ONLY. We do not accept subsequent cuts or more complete versions of submitted films, therefore changing or updating the originally submitted link is not accepted.
- The entrant also agrees that up to 2 minutes of their film may be used by the Festival in promotional activities including screening a clip on television and on the Festival’s website.
12. All films screened during the Papaya Rocks Film Festivals will not have been certificated by the film council, please take this into account when attending screenings at the festival.
13. If you are a cultural institution or college or have a number of films you would like to enter at once, the Festival may be able to offer a fee waiver; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
14. Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of Papaya Rocks Film Festivals. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Papaya Rocks Film Festivals reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Papaya Rocks Film Festivals will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
15. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions implies that the entrant will abide by them in her/his dealings with the Festival and also that you are legally entitled to submit the film for consideration. Entry to the Festival implies that the entrant has the right to do so, has pre-cleared all materials that comprise the film, and is an authorised representative of the team that holds the intellectual property in the film.
Papaya Rocks Film Festival does not play screening fees for submitted films.
Entering a film to Papaya Rocks Film Festival implies the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
We want to wish all prospective submitters the best of luck.
Updated April 2020.