The PULiiMA Indigenous Language and Technology Conference and Film Screenings kicks off in Larrakia Country, Darwin from August 21st through to August 25th 2023, and is a pivotal event during the International Decade of Indigenous languages (2022-2032).
We are seeking Aboriginal, Torres Straight Island and Indigenous short films to screen at this gathering, raising awareness of conservation and preservation of Indigenous language.
Together, we can celebrate the cultural diversity and richness of our Indigenous communities, ensuring the survival and recognition of Indigenous languages for generations to come.
We are seeking short films with a run time of up to 30 minutes.
PULiiMA is the largest language and technology gathering in the world and we invite you to tell your story through film at this event.
For the full program head to PULiiMA.com
Intensive Workshops - 21-22 August between 9:00am and 4:30pm
International Decade of Indigenous Languages informal gathering - 22 August between 5:00pm and 8:00pm
Film screenings - 23 - 25 August between 9am and 5pm
Conference Plenaries and Presentations - 23-25 August 2023 between 9:00am and 4:30pm
International Decade of Indigenous Language 2022 – 2032 Official Launch - 23 August 2023 between 9:00am and 12:00pm
Gala Party and Australia’s Got Language competition - 23 August 2023 between 6:30pm and 10:30pm
Exhibition Booths – 23-25 August 2023
Acknowledgement of the film makers at the screening in Darwin between 23 to 23 August, 2023.
The PULiiMA Indigenous Language and Technology gathering is on the lookout for filmmakers prepared to tell their conservation and preservation Indigenous language stories.
This year we have 8 categories. Each short film must take inspiration from one of the following criteria:
1. Aboriginal language conservation or preservation
2. Torres Strait Islands language conservation or preservation
3. Indigenous language conservation or preservation
Films must run no longer than 30 minutes.
We encourage submissions from first nations and indigenous filmmakers.
You acknowledge you are entering your film for public screening only.
The following conditions apply to all submissions.
1. All films are entering the public screening must not be available for download online.
2. Each submission has a fee of $20.00 and concession $15.00
3. All footage and special effects MUST be original.
4. Any music accompanying a film must be copyright free or original. Any other music MUST be covered by a currently licensed agreement.
5. Please include:
• Title of production
• Creative team listing
• Music statement (royalty free, original or under the licensing agreement).
6. All entries are to be uploaded to the FilmFreeway portal
7. All entries received will be acknowledged by email.
We look forward to receiving your submission!