The Out & Loud - Pune International Queer Film Festival, organized by Mist LGBTQ Foundation, is an annual event showcasing handpicked queer films from all over the world. What’s more!? The festival promises an amazing line-up of performances and thought provoking panel discussions. Besides coming together for the love of art and cinema, the festival will also be an open platform for the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer) to voice their concerns in a social-friendly environment. The first Out & Loud – PIQFF was held in Pune in the April of 2017 to an overwhelming response.
In May 2023, we are ready to present you the 7th edition of Out & Loud – PIQFF similar to the editions before virtual. Our aim is to have a bigger and better event for you, with an all new line-up of movies, performances and panel discussions.
Mist LGBTQ Foundation started as a LGBTQ collective in 2009 at Bangalore, Karnataka and now has members around India. Mist aims to build stronger bonds within the queer community and with our allies. We do our best to create a space where you can showcase your talent, learn from other members of the community and be a part of the larger family.
Out & Loud – Pune International Queer Film Festival has a wide range of awards to be given to the eminent filmmakers.
The competitive categories are,
Best Indian Documentary
Best International Documentary
Best Short Film (Narrative)
Best Feature Film (Narrative)
Best Animated Film
Best Experimental Film (Innovative/Humor)
Best of Out & Loud 2022
Out & Loud - PIQFF's constant thrive is to increase the cash prize given to the award winning movies year after year. And with the support of our sponsors, partners, filmmakers, and community members, during the 4th edition in 2020, a total sum of INR 15000 was given to the award winners. It did not stop at the 4th edition. During the 5th edition in 2021, as our support system grew, we were able to give a total sum of INR 21000 as our award amount.
The final list of movies for awards will be nominated by the movie preview committee. The winners for the nominated award category will be selected through public votes during the course of the film festival. The voting count will not be disclosed at any point for any reasons and the Out & Loud - PIQFF team decision will be final and indisputable.
Note: Selected award-winning movies will be screened at our Queer and Allies Art Festival which happens in various cities in India. Read Rules & Terms for more information.
- Out & Loud PIQFF accepts entries in the form of DVD’s, uploaded FTPs or online video-sharing link with access rights to download. If you are submitting lower quality file for the selection review and the film is selected for the public screening, you will be asked to submit a higher quality file for the public screening. Please note that the DVD copies submitted for entries will not be returned.
- Short Films are any films upto 40 minutes in running length. Feature films are any films more than 40 minutes in running length.
- Any film submitted to Out & Loud can be in any language but containing on-screen English sub-titles. English sub-titles are recommended for films in English language as well, so the festival can be inclusive for people with hearing difficulties as well. All films submitted to Out & Loud should be based of LGBTQ+ theme only. The festival reserves the right to disqualify any film that does not meet these requirements.
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be submitted with its own entry form.
- If a submission is selected for public screening, a DVD or a downloadable version of the film via FTP or file sharing websites must be provided in advance as per the timeline in the selection notification email. Following this timeline will help us in preparing for the festival without any issues to the screening copies.
- Selection notification email will be sent on the 15 Apr 2023. The mail will read out the official selection notification, instruction and timeline for submitting the screening copy along with the promotional materials and official selection laurel. The final list of movies in the award category will be published on 30 Apr 2023.
- Out & Loud PIQFF values privacy at most and at any circumstances, we do not share or republish the movies to any individual or corporation, for any reasons stated. All the movies received as part of Out & Loud PIQFF will be handled diligently by an authorized core team member.
- Films are scheduled for public screening during the course of festival at the discretion of Out & Loud PIQFF. Out & Loud retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once during the course of the film festival.
- Short films may be screened at subsequent screenings for a period of 12 months in other events like Queer and Allies Art Festival (QAAF), Queer Talks and Meetings (QTAM), etc. Every effort will be made to contact the authorized point of contact of the film, before such a screening that occurs outside of the Out & Loud – PIQFF festival dates.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to obtain all necessary copyrights. By submitting the film, you maintain you have obtained all necessary rights for exhibition.
- Out & Loud PIQFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film selected for public screening at the festival for promotional purposes.
- Out & Loud PIQFF does not pay any screening fee to any submitted films or related parties and also does not charge any fee from the audience of the festival. In case of online screening due to the local regulations a minimum fee will be charged from the audience of the festival to meet the online screening platform requirements.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Out & Loud PIQFF shall not indemnify or held accountable for any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of damage to the screening videos entered.