:to express an opinion about something.
We are excited to announce the call for Opine's 8th season!
Opine Dance Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates dance film makers locally, nationally, and internationally who are creating work with meaning.
We are interested in short dance films which speak to wider themes of identity, defying conventions, crossing borders, and pushing boundaries. The program prioritizes both inclusion and diversity through the marriage of dance and film, while also emphasizing the democratization of socioeconomic, political, and identity driven conversations across cultures, contexts and locations.
We are excited to officially be back IN PERSON for our 8th season, hosted by Bryn Mawr Film Institute on March 18, 2023 and March 25, 2023! Both programs will include a talk back for any filmmakers who are able to join the event in person.
All submissions go through a curation process by a panel of jurors. The jury is comprised of local choreographers, filmmakers, and performing artists. This season, we will award an Audience Choice Award to each category, through audience voting.
1. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
2. We are a shorts program. All submitted work should be 10 minutes or less. We are also open to screening shortened versions of longer films.
4. Films submitted must be from no earlier than 2020. Films made before that year will not be accepted.
5. Submission fees must be made at time of submission.
6. Submission fees are non-refundable.
7. By submitting your film, you grant ODFF the rights to use your photography in any promotional materials on their website and all social media.
8. Selected filmmakers will receive (1) comp ticket for their screening at Bryn Mawr Film Institute and are invited to participate in a talk back after their screening.