Due to the current situation, UICA’s Open Projector Night is excited to announce that we’re launching an At Home Short Film Contest! We’re encouraging filmmakers to get creative and shoot a short film within their own home using only their smartphone.
All genres and subject matter will be accepted.
This isn’t a typical Open Projector Night and the winning film will premier online rather than screening in our venue. However, once we resume normal hours of operation the winning film will screen in our next Open Projector Night in front of a live audience.
UICA presents innovative art, movies, and educational programs that represent our world today. Our programs foster belonging by sharing perspectives that grow an equitable, thriving culture, and community.
The winner will receive:
*UICA Family Level Membership (validated once we reopen)
*2 UICA film passes
*UICA quarantine mask
*Winning film will screen in the next Open Projector Night in front of a live audience.
*Winning film will be hosted on UICA's web-site with an interview with the filmmaker.
While there is no limitation on film genre or subject matter, submissions must conform to these guidelines:
• Less than 3 minutes in duration
• Film must be shot on a smartphone
• The film must not be plagiarized from other works
• Filmmakers can use their own original music in their film, or they may use music that is copyright-free or public domain
• Film must be submitted no later than Wednesday, June 3rd
• Due to the current pandemic we ask that while shooting your film you please keep other people’s safety in mind
This means the following:
1) Don’t invite additional friends/family into your home at this time. Be creative and use what you already have access to.
2) The film must be shot in your home to protect the safety of others.
3) Have fun, be creative, and enjoy yourself.