The Omni-Cultural TV Festival and NATPE's mission is to connect diverse emerging independent producers with industry professionals and distributors who can buy and sell content. We aim to give a hand up to those with brilliant ideas but whom may not have access to the right contacts. We believe the next big hit in television can come from anyone. We believe diversity is key in entertainment and pride ourselves on having representatives from all platforms, ethnic groups and cultural backgrounds.
Latin Hollywood Films, in partnership with the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE), is proud to announce our second annual Omni-Cultural TV Festival that will be held on November 4, 2021. The festival will location will be announced later on in the year
OCTVF is a unique multicultural platform and opportunity for independent content creators and producers to showcase their ideas for television and Over-The-Top (OTT) distribution.
Through a full day of screenings, panel discussions and innovative networking activities, the festival will ignite important conversation, guide content creators and share knowledge on industry trends.
An independent Blue-Ribbon Panel of industry professionals including executive producers, buyers, distributors and established actors who will screen submissions and determine best-in-class in each category.
Awards will include:
- Category Award
- One Full non-editorial NATPE Miami 2022 Registration Badge for each winner
- Pitch meetings set up for selected winners
- Cindy Cowan Entertainment Producer Pitch Meeting for select winners
OMNI-CULTURAL TV Fest Terms and Conditions:
The 2021 Submissions window Opens January 1,2021 and closes August 31, 2021.
All Submissions produced within the last 5 years will be accepted.
EARLY BIRD entry fee $50.00 per submission from January 1st to April 30, 2021
STANDARD Deadline entry fee $65.00 per submission from April 30, 2021, to June 30, 2021.
EXTENDED Deadline entry fee $75.00 per submission from June 30, 2021, to August 30, 2021.
CATEGORIES: Submitting parties must hold complete ownership and rights to any submitted materials. By submitting your project you grant screening rights to the Omni- Cultural TV Festival to use at their discretion both at the festival and/or online for any promotional use.
* PLEASE SUBMIT LOG LINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS.
* Be prepared to send Art work for our festival program if selected
TV PILOTS: Comedy, Drama, Reality, Stand Up, and Specials. 22-30 mins in length. All others are not eligible.
TV SIZZLE REELS - SCRIPTED & NON-SCRIPTED: Comedy, Drama, Reality, Sci-Fi, Talk, Children’s programming, Docu-series, and faith-based. 2-5 mins in length. All others are not eligible. This category is intended for long-form content; 30-60 minute series. All languages welcome.
SHORT FORM WEB SERIES: Comedy, Drama, Reality, Talk . This category is intended for short form content to live online and social media platforms. All languages welcome.
3-7 mins in length.
Short Film: All Categories 2-30 minutes
TV MOVIE TRAILERS: Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Sci-Fi, Dramedy, MOW - Movie of the Week. 3-7 mins in length. All others are not eligible.
ANIMATION: Children & Adult. 3-7 mins in length.
STUDENT CATEGORY: Students can submit to any of the categories but must do so by selecting the "Student Submission Category" and then labeling their submission as such. "STUDENT SUBMISSION_ CATEGORY NAME (ex, TV PILOT)_ Project Title.
All languages welcome. 2-30 mins in length.
* We will notify you should we feel your submission was placed in the wrong category.
*A winner for each category will be chosen and receive a beautiful Trophy at the Red Carpet Award Show ceremonies at the event.
Omni-cultural TV Festival staff, board members, founders, or blue ribbon panelists are eligible to submit their work but are NOT eligible for competition in any category within the festival.
Only original works are accepted. Submissions are disqualified if based, in whole or in part, on pre-existing material, fictional or nonfiction, produced or un-produced, published or unpublished, unless such material was originally created and published/produced by the applicant, in another medium.
This is a non-exclusive festival. There is no conflict if your project(s) have screened or are to screen in any future festivals.
• Films with prior commercial distribution or broadcast within the US are NOT eligible to submit. In the case of small non-commercial, non-publicized showings, the committee reserves the right to waive this rule.
• Submissions will be accepted from worldwide creators. It is the producer’s responsibility to present working visa status.
Finalists will be notified via email by September.
All submission fees are non-refundable.
Tickets to the festival General Admission $35pp VIP tickets $55pp
Tickets are non-refundable.
• In the event your project is selected as a finalist, you may be asked to provide current additional items, such as a trailer, high-resolution poster or key art, still images, revised synopsis, short bios of writer, director, and lead cast member, social media handles & hashtags, and a DCP for screening at the DGA.
• Omni-cultural TV Fest, reserves all right to cancel events & showcase screenings at its own discretion.