At the Oil Valley Film Festival, our mission is to bring the voices and films of new and established filmmakers to the heart of Venango County, an area underrepresented in the world of film.
Located in Oil City, Pennsylvania, and nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, attending the Oil Valley Film Festival will grant you the experience of watching engaging cinema within an intimate community with a rich history.
2023 Venues: Oil City Library & The Pointe - Oil City, PA
The 2023 Oil Valley Film Festival is partnered with and sponsored by the following businesses: Virtual Pitch Fest, Robot Blonde, InkTip, Austin Ink, The Pointe and the Oil City Library.
2023 Festival Schedule:
Sep. 8 - Shorts Program.
Sept. 9 - Features Program.
Sept. 10 - Director Curated Block.
All films selected are eligible for awards. The following awards will be granted for outstanding achievement: ("Actor" designates both male and female actors)
FILM COMPETITION AWARDS:
- Best Actor, Feature
- Best Actor, Short
- Best Supporting Actor, Feature
- Best Supporting Actor, Short
- Best Cinematography, Feature - Narrative
- Best Cinematography, Short - Narrative
- Best Director, Feature - Narrative
- Best Director, Short - Narrative
- Best Editing, Feature - Narrative
- Best Editing, Short - Narrative
- Best Picture, Feature - Narrative & Documentary
- Best Picture, Short - Narrative & Documentary
- Favorite Feature Film
- Favorite Short Film
- Favorite Web / New Media Episode
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION AWARDS:
- Outstanding Achievement in Screenwriting, Feature
- Outstanding Achievement in Screenwriting, Short
- Outstanding Achievement in Screenwriting, Hour-long Pilot Teleplay
Winners of the 2023 Screenwriting categories will receive:
A 4-month InkTip Pro Membership ($130 value). As an InkTip Pro Member, thousands of filmmakers can find and read your scripts, and you'll be able to pitch directly to production companies every week. With over 3,000 options and 400 movies made, InkTip is the place for independent film.
Winners get 5 Pitches and Finalists 3 Pitches on VPF, the platform for TV/Film professionals seeking scripts and writers to represent. With VPF, writers can submit Written Pitches to 500+ networks/studios, producers and agents with the assurance of a guaranteed response.
All screenwriting submitters will receive 1 pitch with VPF.
DISCLAIMER: The personal views of judges affiliated with the Oil Valley Film Festival do not reflect the view of the festival itself, and in no way are those outside views, posted, written, or spoken, the responsibility of the Oil Valley Film Festival.
BASIC SUBMISSION RULES
- No Waivers or Discounts on Submissions.
- Films must be completed before submitting. No "works in progress" accepted.
- Films and scripts submitted must not have been completed before January 1 of the previous year. (THIS IS WAIVED IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.)
- Online screeners are accepted for submission, but are not exclusive. If submitting an online screener that is password protected, please include password with submission.
- Films that are available online for free, or available for purchase (VOD, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc...) or have screened theatrically (via traditional distribution) in New York or Los Angeles are not eligible for the festival.
- No premiere status is needed, but it is encouraged.
- If accepted, all screening films must be available via digital copy.
- All films not in English must be subtitled in English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Oil Valley Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The Oil Valley Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entries. The individuals and corporations who submit shall indemnify and hold harmless the Oil Valley Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.