Are you a degenerate riverboat gambler? An astronaut questioning their faith? Maybe a lazy woodpecker who wants to relax on Sunday. Or even a florist who remembers their past life as a sunflower. Regardless of what type of oddball you are, Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival wants to experience your vision. If you are an artist, a freak, a weirdo, a kid who sat alone at lunch, we want to see your vision. The films that have a voice and a unique experience, abstract or concrete, are the driving force behind our love of cinema.
We strive to highlight films of all genres and types. As long as it has the heart and soul of the artist, Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival would love to see it. Short, long, new, or old, however your project is made and whenever it was made, we have no restrictions on length or release. Premiere status not required. Giving respect to films of all ranges, we see all films as being equal. We will not charge different rates for submissions for shorts or features.
Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival is an online event. The films selected for the festival will be streamed and remain online for a short period of time.
Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival will have two awards that will be announced during the festival stream and a third award that will be voted on be viewers after the initial event. Along with selected film laurels emailed to each selected film, Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival will award THE ABSTRACT OCTOPUS, THE CONCRETE OCTOPUS, and THE PEOPLE'S OCTOPUS. These awards will be digital and you'll also receive a digital certificate.
THE ABSTRACT OCTOPUS:
Cinema in a New Form! This is for the winning film that best represents a different and unique style of cinema. Be it in concept or execution, THE ABSTRACT OCTOPUS is the film that can't easily be defined.
THE CONCRETE OCTOPUS:
Blessed be the narratives! This is for the winning film that through storytelling and cinematic editing can show us why we love cinema. THE CONCRETE OCTOPUS is the film that is classically or traditionally told and loved.
THE PEOPLE'S OCTOPUS:
The Belle of the Ball! This will be won through an online poll held after the film festival. THE PEOPLE'S OCTOPUS will be an opportunity for any selected film to win acclaim.
1. You must have all necessary rights for this film, and that exhibition of your film will not breach or infringe upon any rights including but not limited to music, images, and content. You also agree to grant the Octopus Marquee International Film Festival the right to use any portion from the film online for promotional and other non-commercial uses.
2. Octopus Marquee International Film Festival does not consider films that require screening fees.
3. There are no length requirements or release date requirements. Send us your best films.
4. Entry fees are non refundable.
5. English subtitles are required for non English speaking films.
6. Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival retains the right to change the date and streaming service of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
7. Octopus Marquee Independent Film Festival reserves the right to update our terms and conditions.
Any questions - feel free to contact us!