NoID Film Fest is holding a special 10-Minute Short Film festival in the month of December in Coeur d'Alene.
All films should be up to ten minute runtimes before credits, with no minimums and no exceptions.
There are two categories of films that will be screened: National and Local.
Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to award the Local film category prize money. The film must be the filmmaker’s original work and all third party contributors must be credited.
Fully AI originated films are not permitted. If AI is utilized for a scene or music, for example, it must be credited as such. Official rules and terms are at the end of this page.
Top three in each of the Local and National categories will be awarded Laurels. Only the winners of the Local category will receive cash prizes. First place (as determined by our judges) will be $500, second place will be $250 and third place will be $100.
Our panel of five judges will include industry professionals.
Film Festival screening day is Dec 14, 2023 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
***END OF SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***
INTRODUCING THE NORTH IDAHO FILM FESTIVAL!
In director John Milius’s masterpiece CONAN THE BARBARIAN, Conan remarks that “For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.”
The North Idaho Film Festival (NoID) will seek to feature films, discussions and workshops that break the norms of what has been laid before by traditional film festivals. It will be a multi-year process to realize the full vision of the festival directors.
The power of storytelling is not lost on the team behind NoID. In fact, understanding that power lies at the heart of our role in the community. Today’s storytellers are the key influencers of our culture and film is the most powerful of all delivery mediums.
The NoID Film Festival intends to position itself as an event and ecosystem that will ensure storytellers have a home where their stories can thrive. NoID seeks to highlight stories that aren’t being told elsewhere and host the storytellers who tell them.
The festival will provide a place for families to enjoy film together, for thinkers to engage with ideas outside their comfort zones, and for serious and playful creatives to showcase their innovative styles of storytelling. In short, there does aim to be something for everyone.
The No ID Film Festival is destined to be a launchpad for stories and storytellers our culture so desperately craves right now. Ushering in a fresh wind before the storm.
<<<FOR TEN MINUTE SHORT FILM FEST ONLY>>>>
Through the generous support of our sponsors, we will be offering awards in the Local North Idaho Filmmaker category only.
Second Runner-up: $100
National winners will also be recognized with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place laurels.
RULES & TERMS >>> Ten Minute NoID Short Film Fest >>>
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your film must be ten minutes (or less) before credits.
2. National category open to residents of the United States only.
3. Local category must fulfill one of the two following criteria:
At least one of the top 5 positions (Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Producer, actor) must be a resident of North Idaho (Nez Perce, Lewis, Latah, Clearwater, Shoshone, Benewah, Kootenai, Bonner and Boundary Counties)
OR The film must be set in North Idaho.
4. All submission fees are non-refundable, regardless if the film is accepted to the festival or not.
5. Submission of a film does not guarantee acceptance of the film into the festival.
6. Official selection of a film into the festival does not guarantee the film will be screened or win first, second or third place. Winners will be determined by our panel of judges the day of the festival.
7. All Local category winners will receive their prize money by VISA gift card or similar method.
8. If you submit content to the festival and we accept your content into the festival, you agree to let us show the content at the festival during the screening(s) and to clip content from your submission to create advertisements for the festival in the form of festival highlight reels, festival trailers, stills, etc. without compensation. These materials are only used to promote the festival or future festivals.
9. You retain all rights to your film and acceptance into the festival does not equal an endorsement of any individual filmmaker or film by NoID.
10. Submission of your film and attendance of the festival are at your own risk. NoID will not be responsible for any losses, damages or hardships incurred by you in association with the festival.
11. If the festival cannot proceed due to a Force Majure event, an earnest attempt will be made to reschedule the festival. If that cannot happen and the event is canceled, NoID will not be responsible for any damages or hardships incurred by the filmmaker.
FILM FESTIVAL GENERAL TERMS>>>>
All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights to publicly screen your film.
Films that have secured distribution are only qualified to enter if there are no exclusive rights to publicly screen film elsewhere in theaters, online, OTT or broadcast.
The North Idaho Film Festival reserves the right to change programming without notice.
What the Lawyers always say: All participating filmmakers release the festival (NoIDFF) from any and all liability for submissions. Entrants understand the submitted materials will be securely-held by the festival; every effort will be made to protect and control access for viewing. NoIDFF assumes absolutely no liability for theft, violations of copyright or piracy of submitted content.