* EVERY ELIGIBLE ENTRY RECEIVES AN AWARD NOMINATION ON IMDB! *
* IMDB QUALIFYING AWARDS EVENT *
With over 20 award categories, entrants can receive multiple nominations for unlimited projects.
We believe independent filmmakers deserve to get recognition for the hard work they put into their projects. That's why every eligible entry into the North American Film Awards (NAFA) receives an official nomination laurel and consideration into the award category the entrant submitted to.
An industry professional jury from the USA and Canada will decide on the winners of each category after the final entry deadline.
At North American Film Awards we believe independent filmmakers deserve to get recognition for the hard work they put into their projects. That's why every eligible entry receives an official nomination laurel and consideration into the award category the entrant submitted to.
A selection of the jury's favorite films from our category winners will be screened at our annual event. Award winners will get free festival passes and all attendees can enjoy holiday season festivities alongside screenings of films from all over the globe.
Entrants of chosen screening films will be notified prior to the event where exhibition/screening files will be requested.
All eligible entrants receive an official NAFA nomination laurel plus category specific nominee laurels.
Winners of each category will receive a selection of golden NAFA winner laurels.
Award notifications will be sent out via FilmFreeway on the notification date.
All awards will be published on our website, past years will always be available so awards can always be validated by IMDB.
- Best International Film
- Best North American Film
- Best Student Film
- Best Documentary
- Best Editor
- Best Director
- Best Writing (in a produced film)
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Cinematography
- Best Sound Design
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Production Design
- Best Music / Original Score
- Best Animation
- Best Action
- Best War / Western
- Best Sci-Fi
- Best Drama
- Best Comedy
- Best Experimental
- Best Horror
- Best Thriller
- Best Script (For Stage or Screen)
• A separate entry fee is required for each category submission.
• Multiple submissions are allowed. There is no limit to the number of categories you wish to be nominated for, or the number of projects you wish to submit.
• Films of any length are eligible regardless of genre or premiere/broadcast status. Films that have been screened at festivals or online are also eligible.
• Film entries not in English must have English subtitles.
• Script/Screenplay entries not written in English must submit an English translation.
• Notification of winners/award results and films selected to screen at our event will be sent out within four weeks of the final deadline.
• The decision of the jury is final. NAFA reserves the right to not award a winner in categories where adequate entries have not been received.
• Information regarding winning filmmakers and stills of winning films may be shown on the NAFA website and publicity/promo material including press releases and other materials.
• Filmmakers of selected screening films will be contacted and are welcome to attend our annual festival screening. NAFA is unable to provide any financial assistance to filmmakers: flights, accommodation and other related costs to attend the event are at the responsibility of the filmmaker.
• All entry fees are non-refundable.
• No fee waivers will be allowed.
• Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their film.
• Animal cruelty, the mistreatment and/or violence toward animals in films (as defined by the screening panel), whether real, simulated or implied, is not acceptable and will lead to disqualification. The entrant's work(s) will not be eligible for any award nominations and no entry fee will be returned.
• Only entries complying to the above terms are eligible for nominations.
• Due to our numerous award categories, we are unable to screen all of our winning films. Our programming committee will select screening films from our top category award winners based on overall appeal and the ability to fit within our limited screening schedule.
• NAFA reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.