Next Generation Indie Film Awards is a not-for-profit awards program for independent films, devoted to supporting filmmakers around the globe by recognizing excellence in filmmaking. Next Generation Indie Film Awards was started by award-winning film producers and the founders of Next Generation Indie Book Awards – the largest international awards program for independent authors and publishers. The team includes Academy Award and Emmy Winning filmmakers, as well as film industry leaders from around the globe.
The Winner of the Best Short Film category at the 2021 Awards Gala will receive a Prize Package containing over $125,000 worth of credits towards film services and rentals aimed to help the winning filmmaker make a passion project in Los Angeles, California. The 2022 Prize Package will be announced shortly.
Next Generation Indie Film Awards supports filmmakers through its annual awards and other programs. We endeavor to assist filmmakers at any stage of the filmmaking process in reaching an audience, and we aim to advance filmmakers’ careers through services, education, and resources. Our organization has provided financial backing for more than 50 independent short film projects.
2021 PRIZE DETAILS BELOW | 2022 Prize details to be announced shortly
1. 2021 GRAND PRIZE VALUED AT OVER $125,000. Next Generation Indie Film Awards has partnered with film industry leaders to put together a Prize Package for the Winner of the "Best Short Film" category. The Prize Package contains over $125,000 worth of credits towards film services and rentals aimed to help the winning filmmaker make a passion project in Los Angeles, California. The package includes: professional studio spaces and stages in Los Angeles, equipment (grip, electric, rigging), camera and lenses, post production (editorial, sound mixing, color grading, digital final mastering), AFM (American Film Market) screening and listing, an Executive Badge for AFM 2021, a private film screening, an all-inclusive daylong drone shoot, and more.
2. INDUSTRY AWARDS GALA AT LOEWS HOTEL IN HOLLYWOOD, CA. Winners and finalists are invited to attend the Next Generation Indie Film Awards annual gala at Loews Hotel in Hollywood, California. Loews adjoins the Dolby Theatre, where the Academy Awards are held, and is adjacent to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Next Generation Indie Film Awards gala is held in Preston’s Room, supplying breathtaking views of the Hollywood Hills and famous landmarks including the Hollywood Sign and Capitol Records Building.
3. LAURELS. All award winners and finalists are provided with a laurel which may be used for their own marketing and promotional materials.
4. GOLD STATUETTE. In addition to industry recognition and rights to use the prestigious Next Generation Indie Film Awards laurel, winners also receive a gold statuette to commemorate their outstanding achievement in their respective independent short filmmaking category.
Next Generation Indie Film Awards is proud to partner with industry-leading companies, including: Quixote Studios, AFM (American Film Market), Final Draft, Drone Dudes, Keslow Camera, InkTip, Santa Monica College, Loews Hotel, Pollution Studios, Sugar Studios LA, Rocket Panda Post, Westside Production Rentals, Hot Bricks, heywhatsyourface, inc., Birns & Sawyer, Audio Department LLC, West One Music Group and more.
The 2022 Next Generation Indie Film Awards is open to all independent films/filmmakers anywhere in the world that meet the following criteria:
- Total runtime for shorts may be no more than 60 minutes; for features, no less than 60 minutes
- The film was produced in 2016 or later
- The film has not already won or placed as a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Film Awards
If you are under the age of majority where you live, your parent or legal guardian must give you permission to submit your film. Your film will be disqualified from our program if submitted without the permission of your parent or legal guardian.