IMDb qualifier’s New York Movie Awards is a monthly international film festival with monthly live screenings.
New York is the cultural center of the world and for us, films are the highest point of the culture. Our mission is to promote films, and be another step up in the filmmakers' careers.
Every last Sunday of the month, a selection of monthly short films will be screened in the East Village at the Kraine Theater.
The Kraine Theater is one of the most well known downtown venues featuring Off and Off-Off Broadway productions year round.
MONTHLY COMPETITION (38 categories):
Best Picture (feature film or short film, any genre)
Best Feature Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Super Short Film
Best Web/Tv Series
Best Music Video
Best Director Feature Film
Best Director Short Film
Best Director Super Short Film
Best First Time Director
Best Student Film
Best Inspirational Film
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
The following awards can be assigned for short or feature films, any genre:
Best Original Screenplay
Best Original Story
Best Original Score
Best Original Song
Best Production Design
Best Costume Design
Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Sound Design
All winners receive a free certificate (pdf/jpg file).
- Short and feature films, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction), experimental or animated film.
- Music Videos
- Web/TV Series (also pilot)
- Feature Scripts, Short Scripts
By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
- You can submit again your work for the following months.
- The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English)
- The scripts must be in English or Italian or French
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD