Presented by HBO, The New York Latino Film Festival (NYLFF) is widely hailed as the premier Latino event in the country. The festival proudly returns home, Summer 2020!
* Please note festival event dates listed are NOT final. Please follow our social platforms for all updates including dates of the festival.
The New York Latino Film Festival is dedicated to producing culturally relevant and entertaining experiences that build audiences for Latino cinema, support the film community with professional development and foster relationships for Latino talent. The festival is committed to showing the best our rich and diverse community has to offer.
Over the past 19 years, NYLFF has been the setting for many breakout indie and studio releases, serving as a marketing bridge to this targeted, cross-cultural and influential audience. The result is acquisition and box office success.
We are seeking New York, U.S., World or East Coast premieres. Films that have already played in a New York festival will be considered, but our priority is for premieres of any form.
The submission does not have to be about the Latino experience or directed by a Latino. A Latino or person of color however, must be in a lead creative position. i.e. Director, Actors, Producer.
All films must be completed by no earlier than late 2018.
*****READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING*****
• Narrative (U.S. Domestic Features)
• International Features (Latin America, Mexico & Spain-must be a co-production) *All films other than English must be subtitled
• Spectrum (Multicultural-Urban, films beyond the Latino experience)
• Documentary (Long and Short Form)
• Midnight (Horror/Genre, Experimental/Off-Beat)
• Short Film (Narrative)
• Futuro (Web Series, Pilots-scripted and unscripted) *For submission you must enter the pilot of the series. You can submit ONE other episode for further consideration. You will need submit separately.
Only DCP’s, unless informed otherwise will be projected. (IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED).
Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if the completed film will be ready by this summer, date TBD. Please label the screener “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc.)
Awards are presented in all categories
Under contact and submission info, we request that the filmmaker or person responsible for ALL communication moving forward on this submission, will be the point of contact. If selected, the person as the contact on the application will be the only person the festival communicates with.
I have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that I am authorized to submit this film to The New York Latino Film Festival. This film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
I hold New York Latino Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the DCP or Print en-route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.