Launched in 1999, Presented by HBO and Time Warner, the New York Latino Film Festival (NYLFF) is widely hailed as the premier Latino event in the country. The festival proudly returns home Summer 2018!
The New York Latino Film Festival is dedicated to producing culturally relevant and entertaining experiences that build audiences for Latino cinema, support the film community with professional development and foster relationships for Latino talent. The festival is committed to showing the best our rich and diverse community has to offer.
Over the past 15 years, NYLFF has been the setting for many breakout indie and studio releases, serving as a marketing bridge to this targeted, cross-cultural and influential audience. The result is acquisition and box office success.
We are seeking New York, U.S., World or East Coast premieres. Films that have already played in a New York festival will be considered, but priority is for premieres of any form.
All films must be completed by no earlier than 2016.
*****READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING*****
• Narrative (U.S. Domestic Features)
• International Features (Latin America, Mexico) *All films other than English must be subtitled
• Spectrum (Multicultural-Urban, films beyond the Latino experience)
• Documentary (Long and Short Form)
• Midnight (Horror/Genre, Experimental/Off-Beat)
• Futuro (Webseries, Scripted and Unscripted) *For submission you must enter the pilot of the series. You can submit ONE other episode for further consideration. You will need submit separately.
Only DCP’s, unless informed otherwise will be projected. (IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED).
Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if the completed film will be ready for QC by this summer, date TBD. Please label the screener “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc.)
Awards are presented in all categories
I have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that I am authorized to submit this film to New York Latino Film Festival. This film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
I hold New York Latino Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en-route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.