New York IDF is an affordable alternative for independent documentary filmmakers looking to reach audiences in three of the world's largest film cities.
NYIDF accepts short and mid-length documentary and mockumentary films from all over the world.
The fourth annual NYIDF will take place in Brooklyn in June 2020.
Entrants must fully comply with these rules & regulations, including all deadlines and other requirements:
1. All films must either be in English or have English subtitles.
2. All films must have been completed after January 2017.
3. All films must be submitted via online screener (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
4. All accepted films must be submitted digitally by June 6, 2020.
5. All entrants must provide a Vimeo trailer for accepted films.
6. All entrants accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to screen their film at NYIDF2020 and warrant that they have the necessary rights. New York IDF is held harmless against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at NYIDF2020.
7. The date and venue of NYIDF is subject to change.