The New York City International Reel Film Festival screens the best of today's independent cinema. NYCIRFF is particularity interested in maverick filmmakers of any orientation, ethnicity, religion or country. Originally held at the legendary Anthology Film Archives in Manhattan (home to celebrated filmmakers such as Andy Warhol, Jonas Mekkas and Stan Brakhage), we tell stories that connect and inspire our global audience. Our selection committee is an ethnically and creatively diverse team who strives to help emerging and seasoned filmmakers find the right audience for their film.
OUR MISSION: Is to promote films and create a step forward in the filmmakers' careers.
PROGRAMMING: Our festival is programmed by thematic Blocks, grouping complimentary films together to create specific cinematic experiences.
Each Block has a host and is followed by a Q & A session.
*Every Winner receives a free award certificate ready for print.
NYCIRFF is one of the highest-rated festivals on FilmFreeway.
An international jury will select one winner in each category:
- Best Narrative Feature Film
- Best Narrative Short Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Short Documentary Film
- Best Student Short Film
- Best Animated Short Film
- Best Experimental Short Film
- Best Web Series
- Best Music Video
- Best Horror
- Best SciFi
- Indie Feature (low budget)
- Indie Short (low budget)
- Best MicroFilm (under 3 mins.)
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Sound Design
- Best Original Score
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Young Actor (under 12)
- Best Young Actress (under 12)
- Best Feature Screenplay
- Best Short Screenplay
- Best Television Screenplay
We feature and host all "Official Selection" and "Winners" prominently on our website and across social media.
The winning filmmakers will receive a high-resolution .png image of our FESTIVAL LAURELS with the "WINNER" label to be used by the filmmaker across all social media platforms.
Each film we designate as an "OFFICIAL SELECTION" will receive a high-resolution .png image of our FESTIVAL LAURELS to be used for marketing and promotional materials.
If there is a film of special note that doesn't fit nicely into a category, often we design a special award to recognize that filmmaker's accomplishments.
By submitting your film:
- You agree for NYCIRFF to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in Multiple Categories.
- We consider films regardless of their completion date. You can submit any film no matter when it was made.
- We consistently promote some of the selected films by uploading the trailers/teasers/posters/production stills.
All films must be submitted as either an online Screener or Vimeo link (with password if applicable) for consideration by the Selection Committee.
New York City International Reel Film Festival (NYCIRFF) is a Gold Festival and is a partner festival with Miami International Film Awards (MIFA).