"One of the UK's top film festivals to know about" - London METRO
"A top ten event" - Het Parool
"Culture Calendar" - VOGUE Nederland
"Amsterdam hosts a great cinema event" - iAmsterdam
Inspired by the idea of a cultural revival, we recognize that the digital revolution creates the conditions for a New Renaissance, opening a door for a different set of stories to be told.
Film is a unique medium, and the New Renaissance Film Festival’s mission is to support and champion the best upcoming filmmakers and screenwriters in this new era, to fulfill their dream in telling their stories.
We focus on the ARTIST, on the STORY and on building an international COMMUNITY of inspiring storytellers. We are NOT interested in current fashions or politically-motivated content. We seek out stories that are genuinely imaginative, emotional and positive. Our passion is to tell great stories.
ONE OF THE TOP UK FILM FESTIVALS TO KNOW ABOUT!
NRFF was featured recently in the London METRO’s list of TOP UK FILM FESTIVALS among some very distinguished company, including Raindance and Aesthetica.
As of September 2016, we were ranked in the top 100 best reviewed film festivals on FilmFreeway.
We have been privileged to screen world and UK premiers at our festival that went on to win an Oscar! We have also found that filmmakers, screenwriters and actors create new projects from meeting each other at the festival.
A FESTIVAL FOR INSPIRING ARTISTS, STORIES AND STORYTELLERS
This festival is organized by JAN HENDRIK VERSTRATEN and MASSIMO BARBATO who are themselves filmmakers and writers. They believe at the heart of every great film is a great story, one that will inspire an audience and hopefully help to shape culture in a positive way.
NRFF London has several categories for UK and International filmmakers and screenwriters, but very close to our hearts is the YOUNG TALENT AWARD. This is a special award for screenwriting, short films and acting that will be presented to young talent (up to 24 years of age). In 2018 the award was presented by First Flights, an initiative from Goldfinch Film Studios, a film production company which looks for new directors to work with.
NRFF LONDON 2019
2019 will be our fourth year in London, a city known for its diversity and innovation in the creative arts. We will screen around 120 narrative shorts, features, documentaries, animations and music videos over the course of the festival (as many as we can), finishing with an AWARDS CEREMONY.
Running alongside the festival will be a SCREENWRITING COMPETITION and a series of MASTERCLASSES by film industry experts, a filmmaker's PANEL DISCUSSION, Filmmaker Q&A's, and other networking opportunities.
Submissions for 2019 will begin at the end of August 2018. Please read our guidelines (see below) and competition terms before doing so. The festival will take place in August 2019, and all contestants will be notified at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE
NRFF is growing from the ground up. Our festival was successfully launched in London 2016. Our goal is to enhance the vitality of independent filmmaking with these annual festivals.
Each city will engage with different themes and communities, including the LGBT community, giving independents the recognition they deserve.
We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE.
Sign up to our mail list to receive our newsletter for the latest festival-related news and special offers! It's free!
Best Film of Festival, Humanity Award, Best Feature Film, Best International Short, Best UK Short, Best Animation Short, Best Documentary, Best Music Video, Best Dance Film, Best Young Talent Short, Best 3 Minute Short, Official Selection laurel, Best Director, Best Female Filmmaker, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Cinematography, Best Art Film, Best Music Score + many more.
Best Feature Screenplay, Best Short Screenplay, Best 3 Minute Screenplay, and Best Short Screenplay written by Young Talent, Finalist + others.
(1) New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. (2) The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
(3) All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
(4) All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
(5) The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
(6) The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
(7) We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE.
(8) PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL.