THE NEW RENAISSANCE
Our friendly and welcoming art-house festival based in London is genuinely passionate about indie film. NRFF has been called “One of the UK’s top film festivals,” alongside Raindance and Aesthetica (London METRO, O1.08.16) . We have premiered and screened films that went on to win an Oscar - The Silent Child (2018) - or received a major distribution deal - A Living Dog (2021); Into The Mirror (2019); You Go To My Head (2019); and Phantompain (2018) to name just a few success stories.
Since September 2016, NRFF has been ranked in the top 100 best reviewed film festivals on FilmFreeway (#11, October 2021), out of 9000+ worldwide.
Despite the festival's relatively small size, there are each year many gems to be found among the many short and feature films in the programme. Furthermore, many filmmakers and actors are traditionally present - and a lot of productive networking takes place.
OUR CURATION: ARTISTICALLY-DRIVEN FILMS, INSPIRING STORIES
Film is a unique medium, and NRFF’s mission is to support and champion inspiring, independent artists and storytellers. This includes experimental work, emotional drama, music, dance and emerging talent.
Our festival is built around ARTISTS and their STORIES. By doing so, we aim to establish an international COMMUNITY of inspiring storytellers. We are not interested in following current fashions or being politically divisive. We seek out stories that are genuinely imaginative, emotional and life-affirming. At the heart of what we do is our passion to tell great stories.
To get a feel for the festival's quality curation, visit last year's programme: www.nrff.co.uk
NRFF LONDON 2022
2022 will be our seventh year in London, a city known for its diversity and innovation in the creative arts. For 3 days in September, we will screen around 100 outstanding films in the heart of Covent Garden, in the newly refurbished John Lyon's Theatre at City Lit. The programme will include narrative shorts, features, documentaries, animations, dance and music videos, a NETWORKING party and AWARDS CEREMONY.
Apart from a high number of UK and International films, NRFF London has a category for EMERGING TALENT (debut and student filmmakers).
Running alongside the festival will be a SCREENWRITING COMPETITION, a series of MASTERCLASSES by film industry experts, a filmmaker's PANEL DISCUSSION, Filmmaker Q&A's, and other networking opportunities.
Please read our Rules & Terms before making your submission.
Submissions for 2022 will begin early September 2021. The festival will take place in mid to late September 2022, and all contestants will be notified at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
SUPPORTING THE INDEPENDENT FILM COMMUNITY
It is our passion to not only provide a stage for our filmmakers but also to strengthen the INDEPENDENT film community, by building an engaged audience through social media - especially Instagram and Facebook. We actively encourage directors, screenwriters, producers and actors to network during the festival and after the event. By doing so, new artistic collaborations have occurred.
We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE as we are a self-funding festival.
Don't forget to join our MAILING LIST for the latest updates and follow us on social media for interesting posts.
For our sixth edition we had found a sponsor for CASH prizes for the Best Emerging Talent Awards. We will repeat this for NRFF 2022. More news will be posted soon regarding this.
Sign up to our mail list to receive our newsletter for the latest festival-related news and special offers! It's free!
Best Film of Festival, Humanity Award, Best Feature Film, Best Emerging Talent Award (Debut/Student films), Best International Short, Best UK Short, Best Animation Short, Best Documentary, Best Music Video, Best Dance Film, Best Young Talent Short, Best 3 Minute Short, Official Selection laurel, Best Director, Best Female Filmmaker, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Cinematography, Best Art Film, Best Music Score + many more.
Best Feature Screenplay, Best Short Screenplay, Best 3 Minute Screenplay, and Best Short Screenplay written by Young Talent, Finalist + others.
(1) New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. (2) The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
(3) All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
(4) All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
(5) The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
(6) To qualify for a cash prize the winner must satisfy all the terms of their category, and attend the festival in person to receive the award.
(7) The judges reserve the right not to award a cash prize if there is no clear winner in the category, the winner is not in attendance at the festival, or if the sponsor cannot honour their financial pledge. The Applicant shall hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred in such circumstances.
(8) If award winners are not in attendance the festival will not ship out trophies or certificates after the event.
(9) The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, cash prizes advertised, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
(10) We know all too well that most filmmakers have to work with a tight budget. Unfortunately however, WE CANNOT WAIVE THE SUBMISSION FEE.
(11) Due to Covid we may have to replace the live screenings with an online festival. We will try to avoid this if possible. The festival will organise this to its best abilites, but the festival cannot be held accountable for any technical difficulties that may occur during or as a result of the online screening.
(12) PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL.