The NatureTrack Film Festival (NTFF), is accepting applications for the Saturday, October 16, 2021 “Pop-Up” film festival in Los Olivos, CA. Los Olivos offers visitors and filmmakers the best of small-town experiences with easily accessible wineries, unique shops, galleries, and gourmet dining - all within walking distance! This year, the “Pop-Up” festival will occur during Los Olivos' “Day in the Country” signature event - offering artisan craft booths, an authentic small-town parade, music, and a beer garden. The NTFF film festival, showcasing films that “ignite a passion for nature,” is the perfect companion to “Day in the Country,” which historically draws thousands of visitors! After the event, the selected films will be shown virtually for one week through Eventive (October 17-24.)
With each film selected for the “Pop-Up” festival, one person – director, producer, cinematographer, distributor, or official representative – is invited to attend the “Pop-Up” NatureTrack Film Festival and will receive a special Filmmaker pass for all films. All selected films will receive official laurels and certificate from NatureTrack Film Festival.
Those films selected for the “Pop-Up” NTFF Film Festival, will automatically be accepted into the expanded 5-year Anniversary NTFF Film Festival in October of 2022, if desired by the filmmaker.
Formats accepted for festival screening are as follows: .mp4 and .mov formats. Recommended size is under 10GB for streaming on Eventive. If your film is a larger size, you will be asked to convert and upload a smaller size to Eventive, and we will show the larger size file to our live audience.
• Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are NOT eligible, even if the film has changed significantly since the last time it was submitted.
• Films submitted should focus on “igniting passion for nature through film.” Films containing overly political content are discouraged and may not be accepted.
• Entrant guarantees that third parties have no claim on the submitted films.
Each submission must include:
• Indication of the category, or categories. Filmmakers may enter a film in multiple categories, however NTFF reserves the right to ultimately assign placement in the appropriate single category.
• Student-produced work must include a copy of a current student ID, or evidence of work being completed while entrant was a student, with the application.
• Non-English language productions must be narrated or subtitled in English.
• Participants must provide a minimum of three (3) production stills from your film and a head shot for promotional use at high resolution (300 dpi and/or 1MB) suitable for print.
• Participants must confirm invitation to attend the Festival by September 1, 2021.
- Participants will be invited to participate in a 15-minute Q/A session after their film screens.
• A self-addressed stamped envelope should be included with any correspondence requiring a reply.
RETURN OF ENTRIES:
If film is submitted other than electronically (thumb drive, DVD, or Blu-Ray), the film file selected for screening at the NTFF will be returned at no charge to the entrant, if desired. Return shipments will be insured for $100. Other arrangements may be negotiated if necessary. Return of film thumb drive, DVD, or Blu-Ray to owners will occur within two months after the NatureTrack Film Festival event. If film is not selected for screening, entrant is financially responsible for return of thumb drive, DVD, or Blu-Ray, and must make a return request within two months after the NatureTrack Film Festival event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering this film:
• I state that I am authorized to submit this film/video to the NatureTrack Film Festival (NTFF) for consideration and have read, understand, and agree to all entry requirements.
• I hereby release the NTFF from all liability resulting from its exhibition of my film/video.
• I agree that if my film is selected for exhibition at the NTFF, I will make it available for that purpose without requiring the payment of a screening fee.
• Participant shall not withdraw his/her film from the NTFF once the selection has been confirmed.
• All films selected will be screened only at official NTFF events. Any additional screenings outside the NTFF shall require a separate prior consent expressed by the producer or distributor.
• All preview copies will remain in the NTFF archives and will be exclusively used for NTFF promotional events and/or educational purposes.