A festival which brings in the spot Nature and People living nearby, a celebration of NATURE and an opportunity to reflect on the way people interact with it. The Festival will take place in a beautiful region of the Carpathian Mountains, in Rasnov, a medieval town in southern Transylvania, between August 30th and September 2nd, 2023. It is addressed both to professionals and to the general public passionate about nature and healthy living, exploring these topics through films (shorts, documentaries and feature films), debates, workshops, music, exhibitions, theater and other types of artistic approaches.
The Festival has a competitive section and awards are offered in the following categories: ‘Professional Jury Prize’, ‘Audience Prize’, ‘Young Jury Prize’ and other prizes and honor acknowledgements.
Prizes are worth 10.000 Euro.
ELIGIBILITY AND WARRANTIES
1. Films produced prior to January 2022 are not eligible.
2. We are looking for short films (between 1-10 minutes) directed by young artists between 14 and 25 years old.
3. Entrant confirms and warrants the required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry. Image resolution needs to be at least Full HD.
4. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at ‘live’ Festival events other than theatrical screening.
5. Successful entries may be used for private press screenings before the Festival.
6. All entries must be in English or to contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles or with supplementary printed translations will be automatically disqualified.
7. Use of the online Entry Form assumes acceptance of the Nature Stories Festival Entry Regulations.
8. The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2023.
1. Films are selected for public presentation as part of the Nature Stories Festival ‘Official Selection’.
2. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival coordinators will contact the entrant by e-mail.
3. All films selected will be made available for viewing. The Festival will make all timings, dates and venue details. All decisions are final.
4. For publicity purposes, entries selected will be required to supply at least 3 jpegs from the film, at least 1 photograph of the film’s director(s), a full synopsis and production credits, and a trailer if available. The Nature Stories Festival will view all publicity material but is under no obligation to use it.
5. The Nature Stories Festival coordinators will contact all successful entrants with a Screening Agreement and delivery schedule.
1. Only completed entries will be processed and considered for screening.
2. Entry details can be submitted online. A new Entry Form must be completed for each film submitted.
3. In case of difficulty using the online Entry Form, please get in touch with the Festival coordinator at: email@example.com
4. Entrant’s name and Entry Ref. No must be stated in all correspondence.
5. Films can be delivered for review via online platforms. Films can also be uploaded to any file sharing app.
6. The final selection will be published on the festival website by July 15, 2023. The right-holders of the films selected agree to the screening of the film free of charge.
7. All films must be subtitled (embedded) in English if the main language is not English.
8. A maximum of 2 films per submitter will be considered.
9. All young filmmakers (under 18) must be prepared to provide contact details of a legal person (over 18).
No entry fees are required for submissions.
FILMS BY INVITATION
The Nature Stories Festival reserves the right to include films at the Festival by invitation in the final program.
The Festival invites the author(s) of the selected films or a delegate from the part of the director/producer to be present for the official screening. The organizers offer accommodation and meals, all the other costs are not covered.
Submission regulations for Nature Stories Festival are subject to change. The Nature Stories Festival reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered by these regulations.