The pandemic has gifted us with a new perspective on everything including films. With it, we are even more committed to connecting our audiences with filmmakers in new ways to create positive change and inspired action.
Due to Covid 19 the NYSIFF will be screening online for two weeks. Local, national, and international 50 short films will be available to watch online between September 25 - October 8, 2020! If our venue opens before September, there will be our regular two day screening at The Linda Performing Arts Studio and we will still go online this year.
The New York State International Film Festival is located in the heart of New York, Albany!
Over the first 4 years, we have screened 284 short films from all around the globe.
We have connected filmmakers with their audiences through short films each year, and we'd like to thank everyone for joining us! We continue to aspire to become one of the greatest film festivals in the nation. We are an international short film festival. The festival invites people from all over the Capital Region of New York and all over the world. Everyone is welcome to submit their short-films. We support students and first time filmmakers too. We encourage all types of documentary, animation, drama, comedy, experimental, music videos and horror short films. Films will be viewed during the festival by the public. We have Q/A Panels throughout the festival. Our greatest goal is to celebrate the art with you and your viewing audience, so it's important that you have fun in the process!
Awards will be given to compliment the following talents:
1. Best Drama
2. Best Comedy
3. Best Documentary
4. Best Animation Film
5.Best Music Video
8. The Audiences Favorite
1. All films must be 40 minutes or less.
2. All entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
3. By submitting your film, you agree to allow your film (and the other artistic work) to be screened by the festival, for which you are submitting, at no charge to the festival. With entering your film you are also giving permission to New York State International Film Festival to use poster, stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the submission for promotional purposes. Your name and information about your project may be used for promotion.
4. All fees are non-refundable.
5. Participants are able to submit more than one film, however every submissions must complete a separate entry forms and pay entry fees for each films.
6. Screenplays will not be returned. Always make sure you have a back up copy of your project.
7. The film production must have been after January 1, 2017
8.The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
9. The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time without any notifications.
10. All submitted films are non-refundable.
11.NYSIFF is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
12. After NYSIFF decides on the screening of your film, notification of acceptance will be sent out via email, post or notified by phone.
13. NYSIFF reserves the right to show all films accepted into the festival at another time following the festival as part of our ''If you missed it'' screening or/and other special screenings during the year.
14. All ages, races, religions are eligible to enter the competition, provided that entry does not violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
15.The decisions of the judges are final.
16.If you still have a question that hasn’t been covered here please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Rules & Terms are subject to change without notice.**
GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATIONS
I have read and accept the Rule’s and regulations of New York State International Film Festival.I certify that I hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film in NYSIFF 2020 and that all rights and permissions have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. By accepting these conditions, I transfer to NYSIFF 2020 the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the various social networks and on the website of the festival, and for other non-commercial purposes related to the promotion of the festival. I hereby agree to indemnify NYSIFF, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.