The 2nd Annual New York Pause Film Festival returns this November with $1,000 CASH PRIZE and $10,000 of in-kind prizes including equipment rental packages, camera loaners, production studio time, screenwriting software and more! NYP is bringing independent cinema back into movie theaters where it belongs!
New York Pause is a bold and unparalleled film festival specifically created during the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdown to bring independent cinema back into NYC movie theaters with a $1,000 CASH PRIZE. After a successful launch in November 2021, NYP returns for its 2nd year at the world famous Alamo Drafthouse Cinema! The COVID-19 pandemic may have wreaked havoc and put everything on pause but hope is on the horizon! 2022 will be a banner year for independent filmmakers as we continue to showcase new works in prestigious movie theaters with cash prizes and more!
Submit now for a chance to win over $10,000 in prizes including Cash Prizes, Industry Resources, Free Studio Time, Camera and Equipment Packages, Mentorship, Screenwriting Software and more. We are seeking Short films, Feature Films, Episodics, TV Pilots, Web Series, Documentaries, Animation, Experimental works, Micro-Shorts and more. We are also accepting works made in quarantine and isolation for little to no budget. All entries will be considered for the $1,000 CASH PRIZE.
$1000 Cash Prize - Grand Prize Winner
$10,000 In-Kind Prizes
All genres/forms accepted. Seeking Features, Shorts, Web Series, Documentary, Music Videos, Experimental Works, Animation, Video Art and screenplays. Please note: we accept works-in-progress.
THERE IS NO PREMIERE POLICY (Although not mandatory we prefer NYC premieres) Works must have been completed after January 1, 2020. From no budget to big budget. JUST SIMPLY BLOW OUR MINDS! All foreign-language films MUST be subtitled in English.
1. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2020.
- There is no premiere policy.
- Works-in-progress are accepted.
2. Exhibition Format: Standard DCP format
3. Submitters understand that submission of their work authorizes NY Pause to screen the work, and use the work for any exhibition, education and/or publicity purposes related to NY Pause. NYP is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Submitters may receive future correspondence from the New York Pause Film Festival.
4. Submission Fee
The submission fee is non-refundable.