The NYC Short Comedy Film Fest (NYCSCFF) will be held November 19, 2023, in New York City, NY, USA.
The winners of the 2021 NYC Short Comedy Film Festival are!
Best Script Comedy: Alexander Bale for What the Heck is Going On
Best Cinematography Comedy: Julien Roux for Ball Deep
Best Comedy: Ball Deep
Best Actor Comedy: Guillaume Labbé in Ball Deep
Best Actress Comedy: Daphne Lewis in What the Heck is Going On
Best Director Comedy: Alexander Bale For What the Heck is Going On
Best Sketch Comedy Video: Grand Pa’s Demons
Best Actor in a Sketch Comedy Video: Ellis Flurry. The Breakup
Best Actress in a Sketch Comedy Video: Sabina Almeida The Breakup
Best Director of a Short Sketch Video: Nick von Gremp for The Breakup.
Best Director of a Short Sketch Video: Julie Deffet for The Breakup.
Best Cinematography of a Short Sketch Video: Rachael Kliman for Airway
Best Script of a Short Sketch Video: Ellis Flurry for The Breakup.
Best Script Dramedy: Mike Farragher for Love Letter Profile
Best Cinematography Dramedy: Greg Emetaz for Dry
Best Dramedy: Dry
Best Actor Dramedy: Mike Farragher in Love Letter Profile
Best Actress Dramedy: Ger Glennon in Love Letter Profile
Best Director Dramedy: Mike Farragher for Love Letter Profile
**** This is a short film festival, only for films 20 minutes or less in length!! We will NOT be screening any films longer then 20 minutes in length!!!!****
**** Short Sketch videos must be 5 minutes or shorter in length!!*****
What makes you laugh? Opposing personalities, bad puns, witty insults, inappropriate bodily functions, dead babies, old people falling down stairs, cats doing people things - we're open to it all!
Come make us laugh at the 5th Annual NYC Short Comedy Film Fest and be part of a growing tradition!
￼Please be sure to review ALL submission guidelines before you mail the entry. We have limited time and resources to correct application mistakes. Please try and be as accurate as possible. We will contact you by e-mail if there are any problems, so please be sure to watch for e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only accept online submissions either here with a FilmFreeway video or a private/password protected vimeo/YouTube link. If your film is selected we will provide full technical specifications but an .mov, mp4 or .mpg works great. All films will be played from a hard drive. Please note, if accepted, we MUST receive the exhibition media AT LEAST TWO (2) WEEKS before the festival.
If your submission is selected, you will be notified by e-mail in the middle of February. Accepted filmmakers will be given a free admission pass to the festival. (We cannot help with any transportation, food or lodging costs.)
Certificates with Trophies available.
As a condition of entering the NYC Short Comedy Film Festival, hereafter known as NYCSCFF, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the NYCSCFF.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title there to have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to NYCSCFF.
3. I/we understand that the NYCSCFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the NYCSCFF.
4. I/we hereby grant the NYCSCFF the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the NYCSCFF.
5. For filmmakers: NYCSCFF may transfer the submitted material to a hard drive for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the submitted material may be used by NYCSCFF for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless NYCSCFF, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to NYCSCFF.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the NYCSCFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The NYCSCFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with NYCSCFF.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases, understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.