NYBA DANCE FILM FEST (NEW YORK BUENOS AIRES DANCE FILM FEST) is an international dance film festival held in the cities of New York and Buenos Aires.
The festival seeks to highlight and promote the audiovisual works of dance and movement created by artists from all over the world. It’s a celebration of the new forms of expression that arise from the fusion between audiovisual language, new technologies and dance. It's a festival dedicated to screendance lovers, filmmakers, choreographers and dancers.
*** HOW TO PARTICIPATE***
We accept all kinds of films of up to 20 minutes in which dance and movement are the protagonists: video-dance, video art, experimental, short film or documentary. We accept entries exclusively via FilmFreeway. Please check out our rules & terms before submitting.
The selection is carried out by a team of professionals related to video, cinema, dance and culture through a rating process.
All creators whose films are selected for screening will be notified by email and provided with specific details about the live event. We will request specific assets (biographies, stills, posters) prior to the screening.
Our aim is to promote the culture of screendance by disseminating works by international artists and generating relationships between creators from other parts of the world.
The selected works will be screened at the live events and shared on this website. Creators whose works were selected will receive laurels from the festival and will be included in the printed program.
1. Must be an original work created for film ( filmed performances are not accepted)
2.The film must have been made in or after 2020.
3. We accept All subgenres within the genre of dance and: videodance, video art, experimental, short film or documentary.
4. The film should not exceed 20 minutes.
5. If the film has dialogue, it must include subtitles in English or Spanish (if they are in a different language).
6. All works must use original or no-copyright music, logos and images. By participating, the filmmaker declares to be responsible for the legal rights requirements releasing the festival from any legal claim, liability and damages.
7. Participation means consent and the right to project the work in front of a live audience and virtually.
8. We reserve the right to change the date and place of the festival in special circumstances. All participants will be informed of any changes via email.
9. More than one piece can be submitted but need to be submitted separately.
10. We cannot provide refunds.
11. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.