JOIN THE REVOLUTION! SUBMIT YOUR FILM NOW!
➨ IMDB Listed Event.
NÒT FILM FEST is dedicated to great INDEPENDENT FILMS and creating opportunities for their film makers.
An open air film festival offering a unique festival experience that is more than just outdoor movies.
NÒT FILM FEST is :
- A showcase for raw and innovative "Thought Provoking Films".
- A platform fostering education about independent cinema.
- A community of RISK-TAKERS, STORY TELLERS, INNOVATORS, OUTSIDERS, PROVOKERS, CREATORS, FILM MAKERS unwilling to take “no” for an answer.
Our mission has been honored throughout the festival's first edition, held in Santarcangelo di Romagna (Italy) , a small village near Rimini nested in the hills by the Adriatic coast.
The festival first edition showcased 40 Thought Provoking Films between features, shorts, documentaries and fashion films hailing from 13 different countries including 2 World premieres, 5 European premieres and 11 Italian Premieres. Up-and-coming writers, directors and producers, alongside seasoned veterans and film lovers, converge for the weeklong celebration of independent cinema, making NÒT FILM FEST a great place to find the next, great, visionary films.
In the commitment to create real opportunities for our film makers and launch their career NÒT FILM FEST created several partnership to offer Special Awards, education, distribution opportunities as well as daily networking events to connect in a friendly and informal environment.
NÒT FILM FEST festival partners include Slamdance, Paris Art & Movies Awards, Ouchy Film Awards, Sofy TV , Giometti Cinema and Stica camera stabilizer .
The winning films were chosen by a jury of international judges composed by Theo Green, Anina Pinter, Gemma Fenol, Davide Marengo, Serena Tateo, Maria Carolina Terzi.
-BEST SUPERDOC FEATURE "Il Clan Dei Ricciai" (Pietro Mereu)
- BEST SUPERDOC SHORT - Dead. Tissue. Love. (Natasha Austin-Green)
- BEST STORYTIME FEATURE NARRATIVE - Filthy (Tereza Nvotova)
- BEST STORYTIME SHORT NARRATIVE - Stranger of the Dunes (Tamar Baruch)
- BEST FASHION POPCORN - Mirage" (Ivon Skula)
- BEST DIRECTOR - Tereza Nvotova (Filthy)
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR - Dominika Zeleníková (Filthy)
2018 SPECIAL AWARDS WINNERS:
- STICA AWARD - Filippo Chiesa (Yarchen Gar)
- FLEXYMOVIES AWARD - Butterfly Caught (Manny Rodrigues)
- FLEXYMOVIES AWARD - Malerba (Simone Corallini)
- GIOMETTI AWARD (FEATURE) - Filthy (Tereza Nvotova)
- GIOMETTI AWARD (SHORT) - Stranger of the Dunes (Tamar Baruch)
- BEST SUPERDOC FEATURE
- BEST SUPERDOC SHORT
- BEST STORYTIME FEATURE NARRATIVE
- BEST STORYTIME SHORT NARRATIVE
- BEST FASHION POPCORN
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR
- STICA AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - A custom made stabilizer (carbon fiber and 3D printed) offered by Stica
- FLEXYMOVIES AWARD - A sales agent contract awarded for potential on the international market offered by Alessandro Masi of Flexymovies.
- GIOMETTI AWARD - 1 week theatrical release and 2 weeks of promotion for the winners in the STORYTIME category both feature and short, offered by Massimiliano Giometti OF GIOMETTI CINEMA.
Rules & Terms NÒT FILM FEST:
- Films MUST be no older than two years from date of Festival.
- Competition is open to U.S. and International entries.
- Feature films are 60 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 30 minutes in length.
- All screeners must be subtitled in English, including films in english language. The films, once accepted in competition will be screened with Italian subtitles.
- Films that have shown theatrically or been broadcast on television in Italy prior to the Festival or are available on DVD or VOD are not eligible for competition.
- You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR ENTRY:
- Entry fee (must be paid online).
- 3-Line Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- FEATURE-LENGTH FILMS: 250 Word Synopsis (may be used for Festival Program and website)
- Accepted entries must submit at least one digital, horizontal 300dpi still photo from the film and at least one web-ready still at 72dpi and 560x315 pixels.
- Accepted entries must submit a password protected Vimeo or Youtube screener. Screeners must be subtitled in english for the judges to view.
Terms & Conditions
To enter your film into NÒT FILM FEST 2018 (festival), you (Producer) must:
- Enter via FilmFreeway
- Submit your film by June 31st , 2019.
By entering your film on FilmFreeway, the Producer has entered the Film in the Festival and accepts the conditions, entry guidelines and terms and conditions set out below.
2. Judging of Films
Twenty (24) films will be chosen to be in competition at the Festival, 8 fashion films and 4 for the other categories. The jury will view the films privately and the winners will be disclosed during the Award Ceremony held on Sunday September 22nd.
3. Important Dates
1 October 2018 – 31 December 2018
Early Bird Submissions ($15 shorts, $20 features)
1 January – 30 April 2019
Regular Price Submissions ($20 shorts, $30 features)
1 May – 30 June 2019
Late Submission ($25 shorts, $ 40 features)
7 July 2019
4. Producer’s Representations and Warranties
The Producer hereby represents and warrants to Festival that:
- The Producer has the sole and full right and authority to accept the Terms and Conditions and enter into this agreement and grant the rights granted in the agreement;
- The film complies with the terms and conditions
- The rights (including the intellectual property rights) of the Film are assigned to Festival to utilize for broadcasting, promotional use and any other commercial purpose
- The Producer has permission to reproduce and exploit all third party materials (and / or the results and proceeds of all third party services) contained in the Film or upon which the Film is based;
- The Producer has permission or copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music, lyrics reproduced
- All the performers in the Film have consented in writing to the use of their performances in the Film
- The Producer has from each contributor for the Film, a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributors services, without limiting the right to edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor by the Producer or Festival assignees and licensees.
- The Producer will pay all fees and other charges related to entry of the Film in the Festival
- All details submitted in the entry form by the producer are true and correct
- All payments to contributors in connection with the film have been paid
- No part of the film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person
Festival may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a Film from the Festival if Festival has reason to believe that a Film does not, for any reason, comply with the Terms and Conditions.
6. Additional Documents
Producer hereby agrees to supply any additional documents (eg copyright for music, actors release etc...) if Festival requests.
Every possible care will be taken with entries while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, Festival is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or screening of any film.
The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant or preceding festival. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. For films accepted into the Festival, the entrant is responsible for inbound shipping.